Motivating Underperformers.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by BreathingOutOnTheWayUp, Jun 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The media and other RR threads have slagged off a certain national football team (and quite deservedly, too) for their poor performances to date, so there will be no point in repeating them in this thread.

A double-dose of an undetectable miracle drug has to be ruled out, so the big Q now is:

“How to lift the morale of any underperforming team and thus galvanise them on to gain winning results – both at their next serial and well beyond that?â€

If the truth be told many of us will have been in some sort of a trough after a poor showing where the only way out was to improve: But can you remember HOW did we do it, or rather how we SHOULD have done it?

Some thoughts as starters for Ten:

A few hours of reflection and introspection then a full, round-table no-holds-barred, critique & analysis session to consider:

Changing underperforming team members and giving the second stringers a chance to shine.

Application of laterally thinking to perhaps discard/modify accepted routines & introduce new ones.

Stress on calmness but with a need to apply sheer bloody-mindedness, too, eg nil carborundum illegitimi.

Pep-talks from unexpected sources: From Whom? and, With what Key Message?

Over to you - as both Leaders and the Led (but Potential Leaders, nonetheless).

2. Explosive collars.

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

4. Pick the most useless member of the team (Heskey) and make an example of him :twisted:

(Edited photo by ADMIN: Even that was a bit much for here.)

5. --What I think, is a good financial reward would help a lot.

I get me coat. :oops:

6. sgtpepperband

Yer tiz... :thumbleft:

[​IMG]

7. Heskey granted is shit, but what about Johnson, Lampard and apparently our best player Rooney?

There is no motivating players who know they will be picked regardless of lack of effort or poor performances.

8. How about in the event of a nil all at half time, the second period should begin with the introuction of a couple of hungry lions on to the pitch!!??

9. sgtpepperband

And with an attitude like this, he does not deserve the adoration, respect - or astronomical wages, for that matter... :evil:

Youtube: Rooney Attacks Fans After Algeria Match

10. None of them do.
    Football has become almost as anal as Formula 1.
    Bunch of fannys.

11. As I alluded to earlier, the thick twat doesn’t get the people there have right to boo to show their dissatisfaction with half hearted performances. The fans that have travelled the fans watching back here all should be motivation enough let alone why they are there

12. Rooney cannot even be arsed to sing the National Anthem - if indeed he knows the words.

As long as his 100K weekly is paid plus his endorsements, to enable him to buy the mansion, the fleet of cars etc what does it really matter to him or most of the others.

The days when pride, commitment honesty etc meant something are long gone.

Ideally I would like a return to a wages cap of a maximum of say, 10k per week. More than enough for a comfortable lifestyle.

13. In fact don't pay them at all for losing and incentivize a win with a bonus added to a basic salary for a draw

14. Didnt a columbian player miss a penalty, when he arrived home he was shot?

15. I think they were all shit except maybe James (who had nothing to do) and Carragher had a decent game.

The reason I single Heskey out is that if he plays his balls off he still brings nothing to the team and I think his very prescence in the team brings a kind of negative feel to it.

If some of the others turned in a half decent performance they are capable of winning a game.

16. Comedy gold.

Are you familiar with football?

17. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Well with my many years of experience as a RN Officer it is simple. Stop weekenders and get the Chief to pick on the weaker ones.

Better still make them work through the Dogs. And get rid of the forenoon make and mend. Hell get rid if the make and mend full stop - I worked through the middle and didn't get a lie and it made me the bitter twisted man I am today.

That and job a few of them to do Cocktail Party Car Door openers.

Job done, please you don't need to thank me.

18. Just tell them if they don't start to perform, they will lock John Terry in a Room with all the players Wifes/Girlfriends and play some Barry White through speakers. I'm sure that will soon get them to improve.

Although they might turn round and say he's already been there with most of them anyways