MOTHER SPEAKS OF HER TEARS OVER HAMPER COMPANY

theGimpMK2

Lantern Swinger
I've always thought that the Gvt should continue to welcome immigrant working groups to the UK, with the agreement that for every hard working self sufficient visitor an equal number of UK "citizens" should be turfed of the welfare system.

Its supposed to be a support system for those that fall through the gaps, the disabled (differently abled) and the old

Now they talk of solving relative poverty.......ie those that can't afford a new playstation and the annual change of footy shirt FFS

Withdrawing sky tv access to those capable of work would be a start they'd soon get bored! (How do they pay for sky anyway?)

My sister and brother in law are both social workers (Not a group I readily identify with) They both work full time, barely manage to afford the house they need for their three kids (which they a bringing up with fantastic values)

Their "Clients" are from families (I use the term loosley) that haven't worked for three generations, have no respect for property/law/each other/anybody else.

While there are "Victims" in society, I think this welfare system and wooly PC thinking has created a huge amount of the social issues around at present

But.......I think I'm preaching to the converted.

Happy Xmas to all, especially those spending it in the vicinity of their osprey and battle bowler

Let them eat cake,
gotta have benfit cheating scum and paupers so that we have people to look down on from our high horses ;-)

polariod

Lantern Swinger
I have recently been made redundant and have to make the fortnightly trip to the Jobcentre to "sign on". Each time I walk through the Buroo doors I cannot help fell a little ashamed and degraded. This is not because the staff make me feel that way as the are usually very polite but because of my inbuilt pride and parents instilled work ethic.

The family who lived next door to us until recently (we moved) had no such ethics and had a lifestyle that would make many envious.

The wife had never worked a day in her life, she didn't need too being on her third husband after bleeding the previous two dry (her words). Her current man last had a legitimate job 12 years ago but has worked in the black economy solidly since then apart from his time in jail usually for drink related offences.

The son of the family (23/24) has a record that stretches back to his pre teen years. Robbery, burglary, violence, car theft, drunkenness and drug related offences. This kid was sent out to steal milk and lemonade from doorsteps as a tot and had the shi*e knocked out of him if he did not deliver. He has not worked, even on the fiddle, in his life. When he last came out of prison he was given a new council house fully furnished by
Social Services, a telephone and answering machine were installed (the bills payed for by NCH) in case he needed to contact a Social Worker in a hurry. The boy is doing nicely, thank you very much, dealing drugs.

His sister, the eldest girl of the family, has her own 3 bedroom house again furnished by Social Services and is out and about the clubs and bars every weekend. She has never held a job down in her puff.

The middle daughter must take after her father (who ever he was) as she has worked continuously since leaving college. This girl left home when her mother sha**ed her boyfriend whilst the girl was sleeping. Nice!

The youngest daughter was attending college for remedial studies and applied for an early morning job as a supermarket shelf filler to earn a bit of extra cash. The mother knocked this on the head as the extra earnings would affect her (the mothers) benefits. The kid has recently been sacked from her job in an Opticians because of her poor attitude towards customers. With her background she did not have much chance in holding on to such a job.

The scams this family pull are eye opening and could fill a book. One of the more subtle is claiming, on an annual basis, for a new bed and bedding for the youngest daughter who was supposed to have a bed wetting problem. The new stuff was promptly sold on and the cash went towards the mothers annual holiday in the sun. Funnily enough no one in authority checked to see if there was any medical reason for the bed wetting and the scam went on for at least 10 years.

Mail order catalogues, household insurance, the husband supposedly boozing the giro, grassing up other fiddlers for cash, selling prescription drugs, the list goes on and on without any checks or investigations being carried out.

This family and many others like them have no morals and a complete lack of conscience but they are allowed to operate seemingly unchecked by government and other agencies.

I have learned a lot from my old neighbours and their mates but the old fashioned standards instilled in me by my parents, family, the community I was raised in and of course Pusser would not allow me to operate at their level. I may be daft but I can hold my head up in the street and know that my family are respected.

Pol

Never thought I'd agree with Lingyai !!!!!

Just like to say that we criticise people who get into debt and then when people try to be sensible and save for Xmas they fall prey to these bloodsuckers and RR hasn't a good word to say for them. I agree with comments about the quality of food these companies offer but then I live in the capital and have easy access to whatever I want (if I can afford it). Just another example of the haves ripping off everyone else -

Happy Christmas anyway :)

slim

War Hero
golden_rivet said:
Never thought I'd agree with Lingyai !!!!!

Just like to say that we criticise people who get into debt and then when people try to be sensible and save for Xmas they fall prey to these bloodsuckers and RR hasn't a good word to say for them. I agree with comments about the quality of food these companies offer but then I live in the capital and have easy access to whatever I want (if I can afford it). Just another example of the haves ripping off everyone else -

Happy Christmas anyway :)
The two examples given do not live in the back of beyond. As for saving these have nots as you refer to them seem to have been able to save far more than most of the have's.
Lets get back to a society where workers are respected not exploited.

I never understood the attraction of these things, when shoving the money in a Post Office or Bulding Society savings account would meet the rquirement to better effect; like, you can chose exactly what to eat and probably get it at a better price. I always viewed this as a form of cocoa tin money management.

I was surprised when my ex Inf Rupert pal said that his big sister had been "had" by the hamper bandits. She's no dummy but chose that option to protect it from the feckless husband and the scalli son. In he past, savings accounts have mysteriously bled funds, even though the pass books had been placed in a secure place.

I agree with Miss rivet; people make the effort to rise from the dung heap only to get dumped on by the better shod neighbours.

slim

War Hero
Problem is passed over loggie that these people are not attempting to rise from the dung heap and they are usually better shod than their so called better shod neighbours. Have you read the two articles mentioned?
Notice in the second article the high cost sports shirt worn by the husband, how many working people can afford a shirt like that? I stand by my remark that it about time the working taxpaying individual was shown more respect. It must be hell living next door to the scroungers of society who do not work but have all the trappings of a successful lifestyle. I know of one couple living in a street where they are the only ones in employment. Both have low paid jobs and earn just too much to be able to claim any benefits. Their neighbors all have cars, satellite tv and the kids have the latest designer fashions.

Is this fair?

polariod

Lantern Swinger
A number of the people in this neck of the woods who lost money in the hamper scandal were customer of agents who also run Avon and mail order catalogues etc for a few extra bucks. Some of the customers were relatives or neighbours of the agents and subcribed out of friendship and family loyalty or a sense of charity even though it is obviously cheaper to buy the same goods in a local supermarket or shops.

My ex neighbours and others of their ilk were not part of the savings club as the agents do not go near them and therefore avoid the probable risk of being scammed.

The fact that these saving schemes are not regulated is criminal and the statement from an MD of another hamper company who said that his customers money was safe in a bank did not fill me with a great deal of confidence as his company was operating on exactly the same lines as the failed outfit.

Pol

come_the_day

Lantern Swinger
When we were kids, my parents used to pay into a Christmas Club at our local grocers. At Christmas, the year's savings were converted into whatever Mum wanted that the grocer sold, which was a pretty good way of providing the food for the festive period.

I don't know whether any of today's local grocers like Tesco, Sainsbury's or Asda provide the same kind of service, but a hamper will always be a poor investment, unless the punter gets to choose what goes in it. Doesn't change the fact that a group of millionaires has ripped off thousands of people who have next to nothing, though.

slim

War Hero
come_the_day said:
When we were kids, my parents used to pay into a Christmas Club at our local grocers. At Christmas, the year's savings were converted into whatever Mum wanted that the grocer sold, which was a pretty good way of providing the food for the festive period.

I don't know whether any of today's local grocers like Tesco, Sainsbury's or Asda provide the same kind of service, but a hamper will always be a poor investment, unless the punter gets to choose what goes in it. Doesn't change the fact that a group of millionaires has ripped off thousands of people who have next to nothing, though.
Most of the large retailers have savings stamp schemes, normally at the end of the year they even pay out a little more for each full card saved. For instance Morrisons give £100 for each £97 saved.
A far better way of saving than hamper clubs, in fact its better interest than putting the money in the bank.

Merry Crimbo people
Well I now work for HMRC, the family with five children one disabled will only get £649 per week cash in hand tax free, free rent and no council tax, providing they have not worked .bought a home or have any savings in excess of £3000, so that rules us out then

It makes me sick as I have served my time, got a pension and bought a home plus a little savings, and these bar stewards come on the phone shouting that it should be £649.78p not £649 pw

The worst are Geordies, Scousers, then Somalis and Poles
The brits have to pay for their call, the imigrants do not as they need an
interpreter, at £120 per hour and we have to call them back with the interpreter to their MOBILE phone

FAREPACK I am angry, as I lost a lot of cash through them
Although I know I have cash in the bank and could also save money into an interest paying account

The single mother cleaning lady, sells Farepack YOU pay her each week she marks your book and at the end of the year you get your hamper or whatever, the lady gets a percentage of what she collects IE a free hamper for every ten sold
It is not taking charity, as she has to collect money mark books and forward it all on, so it is charity disguised, she is proud, she is now devastated as she feels it is she who has stolen the money

Farepack are scum and I hope the Director chokes on a Turkey dinner later today providing he has allowed his insurance to slip

I am not kidding about the income figures, they would get even more if he was to take a job working only 16 hours. he would get an additional,£60pw plus his earnings which at minimum wage would be £85.60
so then the tax free cash in hand would be £795.38 pw plus free home

Are we stupid or what (I could discuss this for hours, trouble is you can not go back or lose savings/money. you have to genuinly have nothing to start with which a lot of people seem adept at, Our Gov have lost the plot)

Merry Crimbo enjoy your chicken leg if you can afford one

Jack McHammocklashing

slim

War Hero
They get this much in benefits, shows just how Britain is now a haven for the idle loafers.
Hope no one gave money to the Rotary and Round Table carol singers collecting for underprivileged children, just gives their scummy parents more money to waste.
Just had a rethink on this one. Perhaps its the hard working parents who's kids are now underprivileged

slim said:
Problem is passed over loggie that these people are not attempting to rise from the dung heap and they are usually better shod than their so called better shod neighbours. Have you read the two articles mentioned?
Now I've reread the formers, I see your salient point is not the thieving Hamper bandits but the many scrounging drop-kicks that tend to subscribe to them. I must agree with you entirely on the Benefit sponges (intentional) and the disadvantage heaped on those souls who make the effort.

I still stand by my condemnation, though, of the Hamper salesmen and defence of those productive people who find the hamper scheme the most practical solution, for them, to saving. I also expect that the money that's been made available to alleviate the post "crash" hardship will gravitate to the professional spongers.

slim

War Hero
Passed-over_Loggie said:
slim said:
Now I've reread the formers, I see your salient point is not the thieving Hamper bandits but the many scrounging drop-kicks that tend to subscribe to them. I must agree with you entirely on the Benefit sponges (intentional) and the disadvantage heaped on those souls who make the effort.

I still stand by my condemnation, though, of the Hamper salesmen and defence of those productive people who find the hamper scheme the most practical solution, for them, to saving. I also expect that the money that's been made available to alleviate the post "crash" hardship will gravitate to the professional spongers.
My sympathies lie with the ordinary customer of these thieving hamper companies. The pensioner and low wage earner who see hamper clubs as part of their local community and the collector as a friend. These need protecting from rogue companies.
I find it difficult however to have any sympathy for the extremely wealthy benefit claiming chavs who make it their life's ambition to get as much out of the system without putting anything back in.

Just another little nail ------------disability and allowed to have a new car
every so many years .

Don't know how it works but there's a lot of people I know with new cars courtesy of the social funding . Have a car instead of recieving disability allowance .

Its true-----if you always have nothing the state will pay to keep you quite comfortably off . As for job offers turned down for those on 'Job Seekers allowance' the best one yet is the fact that by taking a low paid job you will be worse off than staying on the allowances!!
The wage top ups are --insurance stamp,Council tax and rent free . Not taxable Also prescription charges free so you would need to earn at least
£8 per hour to work and still have the same spending money !!

The Poles etc on the dole ---get a reduced rate for three years . If they are still on after the three years they get all the back pay in a lump sum!!
and get the full rate for the future !!

buster

Banned
Jack_McHammocklashing said:
Merry Crimbo people
Well I now work for HMRC, the family with five children one disabled will only get £649 per week cash in hand tax free, free rent and no council tax, providing they have not worked .bought a home or have any savings in excess of £3000, so that rules us out then

this makes me feel like hurling. when are we going to elect someone who will get these pikey bastards working for some welfare coupons.
fcuking oxygen thieves.
PS merry christmas.

andym

War Hero
ONLY get £649 a week for sitting on their arses!!!!!!That is DOUBLE what i am paid,and i work for a living!!!!!!