Mother invented 17 children to collect £30,000 in benefits

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by slim, Jul 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. She won't, because it our fault for not spotting it. So we should go to jail and pay her fine and let her keep the cash.

No. 1 Lunatic reporting for Asylum Management duties.

2. Re: Mother invented 17 children to collect £30,000 in benef

Don't tell me!

LESSONS HAVE BEEN LEARNT FROM THIS CASE

3. Not our fault at all - but the civil servants who can't be bothered to do the job correct I suspect, for one reason or another.. !
    And of course, she will not need to pay it back, we taxpayers can afford it - what's a % or two rise in the tax rate to us ?

4. Hang on a minute...this is quite radical...are you suggesting that the Civil Service becomes accountable for it's actions and inactions?

Don't know if it'll catch on mate, but good luck.

5. What me ? perish the thought....... :|

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Welcome to Slim's Daily Wail trawl (Part 1 of many more!).... :roll:

7. Shouldn't that be "..Wail Trail.."?

I enjoy them to be honest, see what's news in the U.K.

8. sgtpepperband

Hmm, is that 'news' or middle-class right-wing propaganda? 8O

9. Option 'B' please Sgt.

10. Re: Mother invented 17 children to collect £30,000 in benefi

But it's not news it's trite, simplistic, nimby, little englander, protectionist, right wing drivel.

Admittedly none of the print media are particularly balanced but I'm most amused by the hypocrisy in the Wail, and of course the Stun.

11. SgtP
    If you don't like it then don't read it if my name is on it.
    Otherwise wind your neck in :toilet:

12. i suppose if some one had checked her background ,,, and found her to be truthfull then that person would have be reprimanded for going to far...somtimes the staff have no chiose but to accept what they are told..but i assume that there would have been birth certifacates... why where these not asked for?
    As a nation we demand the right to be belived and not accused or suspected of lieing...
    I do think she should pay back the money,,, even if its done in comunity service ..

13. sgtpepperband

Welcome to Slim's ideal way to start a constructive debate: If someone says something contrary to you, tell the other person to 'wind their neck in'. How very democratic! You ever thought of running for Parliament? Or are you going to dictate to the rest of the world from your armchair?!

When you post something on a public forum which invites comments then standby for them, whether you like it or not. Until they remove the "quote" and "reply" options in RR then I will continue to come to the conclusion that you are a racist bigot, who bases their opinions and political point of view on one tabloid 'newspaper' [pun intended]. However it doesn't mean I hate you, and I'd still buy you a wet and have a debate about it, like a gentleman, without resorting to making idle threats.

14. SgtP
    I respect your opinions though when you're first comment is:

Welcome to Slim's Daily Wail trawl (Part 1 of many more!)....

it does not make much of an input to the discussion/debate.
    I post controversial items on RR in the hope of getting RR members thinking and inputting their thoughts. Your first posting followed by your second:

Hmm, is that 'news' or middle-class right-wing propaganda?

really do not add anything at all to the debate except to criticise the source of my information.

Now if a racist or bigot is someone who is against against criminal activity, misuse of the benefits system, idle scroungers who milk the system but do work or asylum seekers who come to my country then commit criminal activities then yes I hold my hand up to been a Bigot and Racist.

15. sgtpepperband

You have you opinion I have mine... ENDEX! Return and stow all gear...

16. Now come on SgtP
    I am waiting for your intelligent input (not seen on this topic so far).
    What are your opinions on:

1 Rights of an individual to steal from the benefit pot.
    2. Sentence given by judiciary.
    3.Anything else in the article.

17. Re: Mother invented 17 children to collect £30,000 in benef

Is she a hamster then?

Flipping idiots, I tell ya! She got away withit as she was allowed to, post natal depression, my arse! Lazy cow, living off the council more like it :threaten:

18. Re: Mother invented 17 children to collect £30,000 in benef

So I take it you aint part of the PC brigade Jenny :thumright:

19. Considering the reputaion so jsutly earned by the wail for shall we say being biased and selective in it's reporting I would suggest SPB's comments wholly valid. The wail despit it's good Sudoku is a bit like the little boy that cried wolf much of the time.

No I do not dispute that she was found guilty, but I do suspect the details of the case have been selectively reported and we have not been told all the evidence that the sentence was based on.