Most ridiculous thing anyone's ever said to you?

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Quote (from many XOs on deployment): "If you put the time in now, you'll get the time off when we get back to Pompey..." :rolleyes:

jambosun

Lantern Swinger
andym said:
moondog said:
Chat_Noir said:
kingoftwigs said:
Do you have a pool table onboard? My mum after I had beaten my Dad on first day back from from first deployment. Cue (excuse the pun) sarcastic response from father and son, she still thinks that 'of course we do'.

Believe it or not on my first pussers grey we deployed to Australia for the Bi-centennial celebrations in 88 and guess what we had onboard? You've guessed it a pool table! It was however, adapted for use onboard, no balls just colored disks, not very popular as I recall.
You could've got the Chippy to knock you up some cube type balls, :p Improvise, Adapt, Overcome!!
Arent the balls covered in Velcro? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
In MONMOUTH we did indeed have pool table in the JRDH, the balls had the 'ends' shaved so they were flat and they glided across the table. It didn't get much use so we passed it onto OCEAN. Probably been float tested by now! :wink:

andym said:
moondog said:
Chat_Noir said:
kingoftwigs said:
Do you have a pool table onboard? My mum after I had beaten my Dad on first day back from from first deployment. Cue (excuse the pun) sarcastic response from father and son, she still thinks that 'of course we do'.

Believe it or not on my first pussers grey we deployed to Australia for the Bi-centennial celebrations in 88 and guess what we had onboard? You've guessed it a pool table! It was however, adapted for use onboard, no balls just colored disks, not very popular as I recall.
You could've got the Chippy to knock you up some cube type balls, :p Improvise, Adapt, Overcome!!
Arent the balls covered in Velcro? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If yours are Andy, could I borrow them? :wink: :D

gibboe

Midshipman
I'm standing on guard at the gate at camp when a guy walks by and says:

"you looking for Bin Laden?"

WTF! :? :? :evil:

During my first deployment on the USS Benjamin Franklin. Torpedo Officer asked me to get him a socket wrench from the tool kit. When I asked what size socket, he said: " Bring the largest smallest and the smallest largest sockets you can find." Er...yessir

Berniephot

Badgeman
when i was on a certain squadron I walked into the ops room and was greeted by a Pilot who said to me "ahhh Bernie your a phot, have you got and white board magnets on you?" and he was serious!!!! good god.

I remember being on a bus in Belize with a couple of Pongo green lids who thought they were speaking some secret booty language I wouldn't understand because I was a matelot...

has to be "Trust me, I'm a matelot......."

Wasn't there but.. "Are you sure that's not a F--king rock..."
XO to Nav on HMS Nottingham