most memorable moments?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by seafruit, Jan 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i was curious about the other members most memorable moments either in their day 2 day activities or at raleigh where im going on 17th feb. any tips? white hanky or t towel? do i realy need a track suit.
  2. i think due to the fact that no ones said anything they're probably not allowed to say anything. thanks anyway.
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

There's no secret mate, just click on the week by week events in the Recruit Diary, HERE to get a comprehensive breakdown of life in Phase One training.
  4. i meant is there any time during anyones training or anything that sticks out in their minds.
  5. face first in a cow pat r sumtin.
  6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I remember putting a baby matelots hat in a microwave oven in 1985/6 when I was a baby booty doing my GPMG training and staying at Raleigh for a week, them nylon white hats dont do cooking.

I also remember harbour lights, getting p1ssed on whilst dunking in the water tank by the drill square at 3 a.m, saluting a C.P.O because he had a peak cap and gold braid....and getting told to "fcuk off" because he worked for a living. The whole troop beating the assault course record times, jumping infront of everyone at the scran queue and falling in love with loads of jennys.

Oh, we shot loads of seagulls as well.
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

You swine.

(The seagulls. All the rest's OK.)
  8. I dunno seagulls scare old people

He was doing a national service

Plus they piss the shit out of me =]
  9. I used to like the baking powder in a bread roll trick with seagulls...
    Mevagissey in the winter is boring!
  10. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Now that is fun :dwarf:
  11. Lmao!

Is it true baking powder makes them explode?

I tried it with rice once but nothing happened.
  12. I saluted a Customs Officer in Harwich when I were in the G'Spot :oops: - the thing was that he saluted back (and he was probably used to it) - gold sleeve braid was GOD, and terrifying to boot, to a new entry !
  13. Bless! :biggrin: