Mortgages for muslims

Islamic Mortgages
It is against Islamic law to pay interest, this has been a huge problem for Muslims living in Britain.

When it came to home buying it was only the very rich who could afford to buy a home outright. Fortunately however many banks and building societies are starting to recognise this as a problem and are offering an alternative.

How conveniant - so how do their banks make a profit?

NotmeChief said:
Islamic Mortgages
It is against Islamic law to pay interest, this has been a huge problem for Muslims living in Britain.

When it came to home buying it was only the very rich who could afford to buy a home outright. Fortunately however many banks and building societies are starting to recognise this as a problem and are offering an alternative.

How conveniant - so how do their banks make a profit?

Very easily.
More information on how the profit is made here;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/islam/living/mortgages.shtml

To be frank it is not dissimilar to the way that council tenants are given huge discounts when purchasing their homes from the local authority.

chieftiff

War Hero
NotmeChief said:
Guess I should have looked deeper rather than just post a received email.
I think if it were some conspiracy to support the Islamic faith by giving out free money, a lot of people would have converted their "faith" despite their obvious; and probably public disgust at the very idea.

People have "strong morals" but are very mercenary when it comes to the one thing most actually worship!

hnhnwilliam

Lantern Swinger
I think we have this "arse about face" under shaiar law, sic, Muslims in dealing with their financial affairs,bank accounts etc do not expect any interest or "free, unearned money" I wonder if the Department of works and pensions, (Benefit System) are aware of this

Rocket_Ron

Lantern Swinger
slim said:
To be frank it is not dissimilar to the way that council tenants are given huge discounts when purchasing their homes from the local authority.
Where i live in Gods County the council have slapped in a maximum discount of £24,000. We are `entitled` to a 68% discount on a £155,000 house. But due to this new limit we are now `entitled` to the same discount as all the asylum seekers are straight away.
Gee thanks,another reason to feel so proud.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Current Affairs 5
J Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
S Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 7