Mortgage - new joiner

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Ronald Avy, Aug 28, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi -again...

I phoned my local AFCO and they were extremely helpful with some of my questions but forgot to ask and couldn't find a direct answer here.

I am in the process of buying a flat (via mortgage) where I currently live. I know from what I read that debt etc isn't ideal and taken into huge consideration...

I wouldn't obviously live in my flat for the first 6months at least as I am single. Would they take in consideration me renting my flat out to compensate for the debt? eg mortgage = £408, rent = £600

Just need to know so If I need to sell it at some point I can - but would need to be after 2 years.

Sorry for the questions, I am a methodical thinker just thinks things through....
    Many thanks
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yep, as long as your lender allows you to rent, that covers the liability as far as security clearance is concerned - providing the property is already sub-let at the time of gaining SC. A stated intent is a bit iffy.
  3. Thank you for the reply,

As always very helpful....