More questions. Pretty valid this time.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by _Tim_, Jan 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My birth certificate is currently en route to Belfast- or is it Dublin- with my passport application. Will I need to wait for it to be returned, or will I be able to wait for its return? (edited: for a farce of a sentence.)

For those that know, are you allowed to request 2 copies within 12 months? If nobody here knows, I'll ring Slough council tomorrow.

I can ask the AFCO on Friday, but I might as well get it out of the way now eh?

And this only applies if I'm able to wait for the birth certificate.

The hotel I work at has just been sold to a rival company. They're closed on the 1st of February for 5 weeks of refurbishment.

How long does it take, on average, to organise a medical and/or PJFT as I'd like to get it done in those 5 weeks if possible.
    Do you organise the medical yourself, in a similar way to organising your own PJFT?
    And what is the average waiting time for the initial application to be processed?

I've had a look around for the answers, but can't find them.

Thanks.

2. In the days when the registrar had to copy out your certificate in nice copperplate script they used to get slighly miffed about multple copies but now they just print them off I believe all that matters is that you flash the cash. Copy certificates is a money making business for your local council.

3. You will need your Birth Certificate in your possession when you attend the AFCO for your Recruiting Test (RT).

Complete your application form as quickly as possible and return it to the AFCO. Depending on how busy they are will dictate how long you will have to wait for the RT. If you explain your situation about work, they may be able to accommodate you.

If you are successful at the RT, they aim to interview you within 10 days. When you pass the interview you are then forwarded for the medical (arranged by the AFCO). Some AFCO's conducted the medical on site, but once again you will have to wait for an appointment. If successful at the medical you can then be considered for the PJFT. The AFCO will explain how this is organised.

The initial application process varies from AFCO to AFCO depending on how busy they are etc etc. The process from application to entry varies depening on the job that you are applying for. You will need to discuss all of these when you attend the AFCO and don't be afraid to ask as many questions as you feel necessary. If you are unsure, ASK.

Good luck

4. Wow. It was less than 12 months ago that I paid a tenner for a priority service certi. £26? What a rip.

Thanks for the link, though.

And thanks for the more than ample answer, Drakey. Helped a lot :)