Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Mobile Madness- Ever had one of those days?

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
My 6300 has worked a treat. I moved to Motorola a couple of years ago on a whim - very quickly moved back to Nokia. For me, and I think these are a very personal matter, they're just easier to use. looking to change soon and once again I'll be doing my £1.99 a month for 400 x-net & 400 texts deal. All cashback but I like the challenge of making sure I get the vouchers in on time and seeing someone off.

Rosina - have you heard of R4DS cartridges - I got two for DSLites that I bought the kids at Crimbo, on them I have 60 DS games. If SgtPB turns his back I can tell you more if you are at all interested.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Have to say the Nokia 6300 that works, is great- it does all I want & as you say WD, you kind of get used to the Nokia logic/layout, which is easy to use.

Is the x-net deal a contract for cheap airtime on a freephone number or is it simply cheap free to access call/texts?

I pay £35 pcm, and get 200 mins and 200 texts. I also get free internet (very handy for keeping up with RR on the train) and free emails. I have arranged for my home emails to be forwarded to the phone. I have put in all my contact information and diary notes (I have 5 siblings and about 300 nephews and nieces so keeping track of birthdays is a nightmare). It links to Outlook so you do not have to spend ages typing on a piddling small keypad, use your puter and synch. The 8120 also has a goodish camera. In short it is the dog's bollocks if you have use for this kind of thing.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Bugger, I've just moved away from Nokia having had various ones for ages and gone over to Moto, on a whim as you say, I'll let you know how it works out.

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
Thanks Rosina, sounds like I may have to swap my PDA and consider a crackberry.

NJ - I am on Orange and get normal Dolphin tariff. The snag with the deal is that at certain breakpoints you have to send in your bill within a certain timelimit. Normally about 60 days. If you miss it once you invalidate the full years claims and don't get cashback. I've not once missed even when deployed away, so although I pay the £35 a month, I get the balance back every 3 months or so. My twisted logic dicates that I'd have spent that money on the phone anyway so its freebie money.

www.mobile360.co.uk point to 12month cashback deals. Worth checking every few weeks as the choice of phones change often. I normally choose e2save or mobileoutlet as the phone providers. In my mind it was worth a risk and a bit of fuss and has saved me oodles over 5 years.

21_Man

War Hero
All this talk of phones...thinking of getting a Nokia 6300 from Woolies sale...is it safe to hope that it comes with a 3 pin mains charger....or is that part of the discount [like you gotta buy one]? ^_^;

21_Man

War Hero
Thanks...data overload while looking for a good deal.....back to the cleft stick :thumright:

Question still stands about charger

HookieBuntz

Lantern Swinger
I have had Nokia's for as long as I can remember.

I did change about a year ago to Samsung, this only lasted 2 weeks as it wouldnt allow me to make calls. Only a small matter but something that could be quite important on a phone!!

Went back to Nokia, currently got the N73. Not a bad phone, but I dont want one that is all singing and dancing. I want to make calls, the odd text and possibly use the radio now and again.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Three more courtrooms at Ministry of Justice HQ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New competition regime for tech giants to give consumers more choice and control over their data, and ensure businesses are fairly treated MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Record numbers of doctors and 14,813 more nurses working in the NHS MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £10 billion package to build more homes and level up communities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Green industrial revolution in sight as government sets out plans for more clean energy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK secures vital rollover trade deal with Canada and agrees to start negotiating more advanced deal next year MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thousands more health workers to benefit from visa extensions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS Test and Trace processes more tests and contacts more positive cases MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New rail tech roll-out set to bring more reliable journeys and boost jobs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Border Force in Northern Ireland seize more than 2 tonnes of black market tobacco MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £175 million more for cycling and walking as research shows public support MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than 2 million people reached by NHS Test and Trace MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than 19,000 jobs created by Kickstart Scheme so far MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More rapid COVID-19 tests to be rolled out across England MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Consultation on next steps for more environmentally friendly haulage MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than £9 million funding for green Scottish businesses MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over 13,700 more nurses working in the NHS MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More Afghan interpreters to move to the UK as scheme extends MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More Nightingale Courts open as temporary jury rooms rolled out MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 588 more arts organisations saved by £76 million in latest Culture Recovery Fund grants MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government helps more than 50,000 businesses in Wales MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government helps more than 79,000 businesses in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Students to be given more time to prepare for 2021 exams MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Queen honours teachers, social workers and more MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than £1m in refunds secured for care home residents MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than 4 million applications to the EU Settlement Scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Extended measures to protect more areas of England from coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS “Our fresh start means we can make all four corners of the United Kingdom stronger and more prosperous than ever before” MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Cash boost to get more kids cycling and walking to school MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than 1 in 10 people in England have now been tested for coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 14,199 more NHS nurses and nursing student acceptances rise by 23% MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Record numbers offered flu vaccine as those with flu and COVID-19 more likely to die MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Women make up more than a third of all board members across the FTSE 350 for the first time MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Eight more Nightingale Courts to deliver justice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More Afghan interpreters who risked their lives supporting British troops to begin new lives in the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Restrictions for more areas in north west, West Yorkshire and midlands to tackle rising infection rates MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Yemen has “never looked more likely to slide into famine”, Foreign Secretary warns MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than £500 million for social care to reduce coronavirus transmission over winter MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ofsted seeks to make oversight of subcontractors more comprehensive and transparent MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More domestic abuse charities to benefit from government funding boost MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Official figures show that the furlough scheme has worked: saving jobs and helping more than half of employees back to work already MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Consumers and businesses to be given more control of data under new laws MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Public safety boost with more secure accommodation for prison leavers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Scottish diners eat more than 6.3 million meals to support hospitality sector MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary commits to more effective and accountable aid spending under new Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office MoD News 0
I No more hot-bunking? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
MoD_RSS More than half a billion pounds to help people return home from hospital MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More targeted action in local areas to curb the spread of coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than 100,000 young people supported as violence reduction units get new funding boost MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS nurse numbers continue rising with 13,840 more than last year MoD News 0