More Mobile Madness- Ever had one of those days?

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
My 6300 has worked a treat. I moved to Motorola a couple of years ago on a whim - very quickly moved back to Nokia. For me, and I think these are a very personal matter, they're just easier to use. looking to change soon and once again I'll be doing my £1.99 a month for 400 x-net & 400 texts deal. All cashback but I like the challenge of making sure I get the vouchers in on time and seeing someone off.

Rosina - have you heard of R4DS cartridges - I got two for DSLites that I bought the kids at Crimbo, on them I have 60 DS games. If SgtPB turns his back I can tell you more if you are at all interested.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Have to say the Nokia 6300 that works, is great- it does all I want & as you say WD, you kind of get used to the Nokia logic/layout, which is easy to use.

Is the x-net deal a contract for cheap airtime on a freephone number or is it simply cheap free to access call/texts?

I pay £35 pcm, and get 200 mins and 200 texts. I also get free internet (very handy for keeping up with RR on the train) and free emails. I have arranged for my home emails to be forwarded to the phone. I have put in all my contact information and diary notes (I have 5 siblings and about 300 nephews and nieces so keeping track of birthdays is a nightmare). It links to Outlook so you do not have to spend ages typing on a piddling small keypad, use your puter and synch. The 8120 also has a goodish camera. In short it is the dog's bollocks if you have use for this kind of thing.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Bugger, I've just moved away from Nokia having had various ones for ages and gone over to Moto, on a whim as you say, I'll let you know how it works out.

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
Thanks Rosina, sounds like I may have to swap my PDA and consider a crackberry.

NJ - I am on Orange and get normal Dolphin tariff. The snag with the deal is that at certain breakpoints you have to send in your bill within a certain timelimit. Normally about 60 days. If you miss it once you invalidate the full years claims and don't get cashback. I've not once missed even when deployed away, so although I pay the £35 a month, I get the balance back every 3 months or so. My twisted logic dicates that I'd have spent that money on the phone anyway so its freebie money.

www.mobile360.co.uk point to 12month cashback deals. Worth checking every few weeks as the choice of phones change often. I normally choose e2save or mobileoutlet as the phone providers. In my mind it was worth a risk and a bit of fuss and has saved me oodles over 5 years.

21_Man

War Hero
All this talk of phones...thinking of getting a Nokia 6300 from Woolies sale...is it safe to hope that it comes with a 3 pin mains charger....or is that part of the discount [like you gotta buy one]? ^_^;

21_Man

War Hero
Thanks...data overload while looking for a good deal.....back to the cleft stick :thumright:

Question still stands about charger

HookieBuntz

Lantern Swinger
I have had Nokia's for as long as I can remember.

I did change about a year ago to Samsung, this only lasted 2 weeks as it wouldnt allow me to make calls. Only a small matter but something that could be quite important on a phone!!

Went back to Nokia, currently got the N73. Not a bad phone, but I dont want one that is all singing and dancing. I want to make calls, the odd text and possibly use the radio now and again.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS UK Government to bring home more British travellers from Central and South America MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More inquiries and hearings to be held virtually in June MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than £1million funding creates jobs and helps communities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government significantly boosts UK PPE supply with more than 100 new deals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More charter flights to get Britons home from West Africa MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government announces three more charter flights for British travellers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than 3.5 million applications to the EU Settlement Scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Site visits to recommence and more digital case events planned MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Millions more items of PPE for frontline staff from new business partnerships MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK announces more flights to bring stranded Brits home from India MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Funding boost to steer more women away from crime MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than 3,000 extra officers join police in recruitment drive MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More flights for Brits stranded across South America MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK announces 5 more flights from Bangladesh to bring home over a thousand Brits MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK announces 9 more charter flights from Pakistan to return thousands of stranded Brits MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More Britons to return from Nigeria on UK charter flights MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thousands more Britons to return to UK on new India charter flights MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK set to bring home hundreds more British travellers from across the Philippines MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government to extend testing for coronavirus to more frontline workers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 17 more charter flights from India to return thousands of stranded Brits MoD News 0
MoD_RSS India charter flights to return thousands more stranded Brits MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Government partnership with airlines to fly back more tourists stranded abroad MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Find out more about Essex flood alleviation scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Criminals made to pay more to fund victim support MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Safeguarding system needs to do more to protect teens and infants from abuse and neglect MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Millions more homes to be powered by renewables MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Longer trains and more seats for passengers across the Midlands MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Rod licence sales generate more than £21 million to improve fisheries and support anglers. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government considers more flexible training for healthcare professionals switching discipline MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Third of FTSE 100 board members now women, but Business Secretary says more needs to be done MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £1.5 billion to deliver Government commitment for 50 million more general practice appointments MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than 3 million applications to the EU Settlement Scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Digital sector worth more than £400 million a day to UK economy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Reducing size of government estate secures more than £2bn MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK defence invests more than £1 billion in Wales MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK defence procurement spend worth more than £1.7 billion a year to Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than £5 billion secured after crackdown on multinational companies diverting profits MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Funding awarded for more Changing Places toilets in NHS hospitals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Disabled passengers set for more accessible journeys at sea MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Policing gets biggest funding boost in decade to put more bobbies on the beat MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Police leaders to start bidding for more Taser from today MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Measures to make Britain's power network more resilient planned, after August power outage MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Global Britain to attract more top scientists with fast tracked entry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More funding to boost adoption support MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Five times more demand for UK exports from outside the EU MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Helping farmers to work more efficiently: apply for funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Queen's Speech: Delivering fairer, more affordable homes for buyers and renters MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than 800 miles of roadworks completed or lifted in time for Christmas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Environment Agency warns flood hit communities to remain vigilant as more rain expected MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Benefit claimants to get more cash to help with funeral costs MoD News 0