more help required - tv programme related

Discussion in 'History' started by busterbroon, Jun 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. so far the guys on here havent let me down, but i have a new request which is just as vague as you like

My relief and i were having a chat about Nozzers and he mentioned a programme which was about regulators, but even though both of us remember watching it, we cant remember the name of it

this is where you come in - i remember the regulators going onboard a sweeper and arresting a sailor for being ghey and was eventually booted out

kinda evident he was ghey since the camera crew were following him visiting ghey bars

Sketchy at best, but what was the series name and were can i download it

thanks in advance

2. you started me now, i remember that programme was it not about colchester DQs as well?

3. Was it called crushers by any chance

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It was an award-winning 2-part documentary for 'Cutting Edge' broadcast on Channel 4 in 1994 called "Navy Blues", and was made by 20/20 Television Productions. I contacted the company directly and they were kind enough to send me a copy on DVD.

The programme has been discussed elsewhere on Rum Ration, but I cannot be arsed to search for the thread... :yawn:

5. I thought you might have this

thanks pal - i've sent them an email

still a snake though and dont you forget it

6. Think I've got a copy of it I taped off the telly when it was originally broadcast.
    I can try and dig it out and maybe get it copied? PM me if you're interested.

7. yeah that would be smashing

i sent an email to the link above, but they wanted crazy money to convert it to dvd

8. Great programne showed the crushers in their true light - thick and fecking useless what an embarrasment to the service - not something I would be proud to recall. Never did get caught kept my 3 badges, LSGC and Clasp.
    Now pass me the spliff, bring on the rent boys and lets see the real world. Huzzah

9. sgtpepperband

STM: As stated, the programme was made some years ago. We (the Branch) have made significant changes since then and have moved on and developed. It seems you have not.

Enjoy your life... :thumright:

10. 'Award winning'??? what was it in competition with 'the wombles'?

11. Same people though, changing your branch name to be called RN Police does not make you all Insp Morse!

^~

12. Now, now.... You'll be telling us that Docksin of Dick Green isn't an accurate, up-to-date representation of the Met next! ;)

PS: Do you still have Leading Patrolcats as discussed briefly below? :biggrin:

http://www.navynews.co.uk/articles/2000/0006/0000060702.asp

13. sgtpepperband

Click on the link and you will find out more...