More Buses (and Admirals) than Ships shocker

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Ninja_Stoker, Oct 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Link doesn't work for me mate
    • Like Like x 1
  3. We've had more busses than ships for as long as I can remember. The difference is that we actually owned them then and didn't have to buy a Tax and PSV disc every year.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I know, shocking Isn't it? 8)
  5. That is a narrow view of defence capability.
  6. Oh dear.....

Let's pop you into post as Programme Director Carrier Strike or COMUKMARFOR and see how you get on shall we?

Edited because: Too many M's in COMUKMARFOR. It's a silly name.
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  7. ..........Yes a populist view from many an armchair critic. Just have a look at the diary (generally "free to view" on DII) of a 1*/ 2*/3* and see what they do for their salary!
  8. Anyone can fill a diary up to look busy. Much like carrying a fluke around two deck. Or walking around with a clipboard. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Many Admirals?! Let see: NATO, UN missions, Defence Attaches, etc planning or current and future ops.... clearly the media and social media fails to understand the RN's or the Armed Forces structure

10. How much do they get paid these days? (plus house, expenses, car with little flags on etc). I'd give it a go. As for the carriers when will we get them? How much over forecasted budget will they be? And when will we have planes to fly off them?

Ok, I'm being slightly faceitious, I know it's not all the Admirals fault but largely that of several different governments plus MOD civil servants. But as for all the jobs they do you have to wonder how much of it is simply 'busywork'? And how can they keep the numbers up as the fleet and our capabilities declines?