More Bears in the air!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by oberon, Sep 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Crabs been busy again: Bear

2. Looks like they're being kept busy. Great PR for the RAF too.

3. Where there be Hotels there be Typhoons...............and not the RAF kind either!
    The Cold War eh! Doncha miss it!

4. And buried in this article here about the latest interceptions is this revelation:

Yet the RN doesn't actively publicise this - perhaps correctly so, but it doesn't help our case when trying to buy new equipment.

5. Bloody hell lads, this Russian activity is getting scary.

What's the worst that could happen? Cmon, give it to me straight!

6. All I can think of is GULP! ^_^;
    "Corripe Cervisiam"

7. If I was a cynic I would say that the RAF had been in touch with Putin in order to justify the next Tranche of Typhoons.

Creddly in answer to your question the worst that could happen is total nuclear holocaust and we all die a horrible fiery death, but hey its Friday tomorrow so I will consider it on Monday.. :skull:

8. Its just a shame that our surface towed array capability has gone from 20 ships to 4.

9. And it's not up to much, it's never been one of our stronger points!

10. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

When the Crabs close up to a Bear, Ivan knows it. So we use the photo-op. When we detect a submarine, maybe Ivan doesn't know it, or what or where or how. So best to keep quiet except to hint at it in a very general way. After all the purpose of all thses probes is to find out what we can or can't do about an incursion.

11. Ahh.. the good old days..