More anti white Discrimination in Avon & Somerset

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Nutty, Jan 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It was the Police in Avon and Somerset who had this policy now it appears that the Avon Fire Brigade do not want you if you are WHITE and MALE. So any RN'er, about to leave, wanting to join ther FB in Avon forget it.

Fire Brigade Avon

Nutty

2. im rather surprised these recruitment drives are happening seeing as the government wants to drastically cut fire cover in the southwest

3. Sometimes you forget this is england.

My first post on this site and its me moaning.
    Doing well already!
    Hi everyone, by the way! ;)

4. lol hello!....moan away...its about the government etc...moaning is mandatory haha

5. Strange that the worst areas for non-white recruitment are East Anglia and the West of England - still have the same targets, but no ethnic minorities living there - mission impossible, or gross stupidity ?

6. I was going to say the exact same thing, if you are going to have targets at least make them proportional to the population living there.

However "Positive Discrimination" is still discrimination, and creates a second class worker, only there because of the colour of their skin.

7. Well we all knew this day was coming,
    was all but a matter of time.
    White Males are now the ethnic minority.

8. No ethnic minorities in the SW of England? You ever been to St Pauls in Bristol? :thumright:

9. The SW of England is Devon, Cornwall and Somerset - Bristol is what the TV people call "the West of England" - remember the floods in the West of England ? Avon, Gloucester, Worcester and Hereford - but it ain't where I dwell - and to me, never has been or will be .........

10. and dorset....cant forget them! haha

11. ERM silly old me not realising that Avon is not in the SW of England!

Matters not any way, take Plymouth for instance many ethnic minorities now reside with in the boundaries of said City!"

:thumright:

12. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Assuming all RN leavers are WHITE MALES?! Racist and sexist in one statement... 8O :oops:

13. So Sorry, amended to;

"So any white male RN'er, about to leave, wanting to join ther FB in Avon forget it"

Nutty

14. Avon ceased to exist on 1st April 1996.

15. Well T F S

If you follow the link provided you will find that the Avon Fire Service apparently still exists not with standing the County Council area went to the dogs and that is what we are talking about The Avon Fire Service.

NUtty

16. At what point did I dispute that the Avon Fire Service didn't exist?

17. At the point you remembered you had not read the article

Nutty

18. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Pedantics of the world unite... :sleepy:

19. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I had some bird argueing the merits of Avon Fire brigades recruitment policy with me yesterday, I played along for a while because she had fantastic breasts and I was staring at them alot.

After a while I pointed out how racist this policy was and she agreed, I think she had black hair.

20. I didn't realise it was 'mandatory', I thought there might be some sort of prize if someone came up with something to make you feel good about or done by this government.