Morbid Goody Mania

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by OSLO, Feb 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Am I the only who is uncomfortable by the way the redtops are constantly proclaiming Ms Goody to be a "heroine" for her "bravery" in the face of the big C? Not too long ago, she was reviled as a racist, bigoted, thicky, the most hated woman in the kingdom. Now that reality TV, which introduced us to her, is also showing her leaving this mortal coil in graphic detail, from telling her that had cancer, through to revealing that she has months to live, shouldn't we start asking ourselves whether we're obfuscating reality and intrusion? Doesn't it also smack of total double standards?

Personally, I can't abide the woman or anything she or her thuggish other half stand for. But they are entitled to some privacy in her final moments. And the redtops have gone from intrusive to morbidly two-faced.

2. They do not want privacy, they want the big bucks that the newspapers pay for stories.
    I would not wish cancer n anyone, but she seems to be milking it for all that it's worth.
    Wonder if new hubby takes care of the kids once the money runs out?

3. From what I understand she's invited them to be intrusive to get some money for her kids which I understant. That may only apply to certain journo's/tv program makers - I don't read tabloids so don't know what they're saying.

On the other hand, I am getting annoyed at the fact that every day there seems to be a new headline or report about the trauma she's going through - its as if she's the first person who's been told they're going to die from this.

Yes it is sad, and she is young, but people have died younger from it! I just don't think its major news.

4. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

there was a time when this sort of circus was beneath the dignity of the Queen's first minister - not any longer, the poor deluded one-eyed Scotch idiot thinks there are votes in it.

5. How much do her kids need? She's getting a couple of million, she says she wants to help cancer sufferers but I don't see her giving ANY of it away to charity do you? The government have stepped in and allowed her cnut of an other half to have his curfew negged for the wedding night too, would that happen to anyone else?

I have lost family members to cancer, however, I have no sympathy for either of these two who have no dignity whatsoever, she's milking it for all it's worth.

And the kids? Better off without her. I won't shed a tear.

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

As this is "Current Affairs" I will refrain from posting some of the jokes I have received (and yes, forward on) about this so-called celebrity... I have every sympathy for her and her family about her illness, but not at her lack of dignity for putting a price tag on every aspect on her life! :oops: :evil:

[Edited to add link to jokes...] :wink:

7. All this publicity has had some good effect, more younger women are going/asking for smear tests.

It should at least prevent some other women having to go through the same nightmare that poor bitch has gone through. The more publicity the more are saved. If she/the kids benefit so be it, the money will be tied up by trustees so it should not be fritted away by her hubby before the kids are old/daft enough to look after them selves.

8. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

It's bloody sad that she craves the attention so much, even sadder it obviously sells newspapers.

She could do us a favour and not dawdle about doing the deed though.

9. Thank you for your comments, you have re-established my sanity, as I thought I was the only one who found this whole affair tasteless, grotesque and tawdry beyond belief.

10. I can understand trying to leave her kids secure when she has gone the newspaper I read on the flight over stated even the deathbed scene would be shown[sick]. I hope all monies obtained are held in trust for the kids!!

From a personal view point. Tonight after midnight it has been twelve months since my sister in law lost her brave fight against this horrible disgusting disease. My brother viewed Goody on tv last night. He was deep in thought of the woman he lost twelve months ago.

11. I think it is all over the top .I also wish it could all have been nipped in the bud .but alas thes type of morbid strties sell papers and mags (sick)

12. A shame as it is that anyone should be dying, there is a lot of bullshit in this to make as much money as possible.
    As said earlier, before this she was a fat slob greedy pig (still is) and I wouldn't trust a single thing she says or does.

I have a bet on with the mrs that she will still be here this time next year and that she is just over dramatising.

I see the home office has allowed him a bail change so he can spend the wedding night with her, it that part of his punishment.

13. I havnt read a news paper in weeks and only heard stuff on the news when distracted briefly from Rum Ration .

It seems its the only way she can provide for her kids when shes gone.

What would you do? What could you do?

You do what you can.

14. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

What does this degrading 'show' tell us about ourselves? The only reason there is all this interest in the media is because it SELLS newspapers. If the public didn't buy them there would be no story to tell. The 'reality' fed morons have so little reality in their own lives that they seem to take a vacarious pleasure out of reading about, and watching, other pathetic sods on their way to 'instant' fame. How else can such crap as 'Big Brother' become, apparently, a top show? Get real people you are being taken for Mugs by the Media Moguls. Talk about 'Dumbing Down'.

Rant over.... for now!

15. I have never had any interest in Jade Goody. I have never bought into the sh!te that is "Big Brother". The only reason I know she was involved in it is because it was reported on the news. I don't read red-tops and they, like BB, are aimed at those with a lower level of cerebral ability. Not only do the red-tops have double standards but a lot of the time thay are utter hypocrites. I hate the way the media makes celebrities of people with absolutely no talent.

Now, it doesn't matter to me whether Ms Goody is as thick as two short planks as she has been portrayed , she has a disease that is ravaging her body and it is one that can easily affect millions of women, it's pretty much a lottery as to who can get it. Cancer is no respecter of class, wealth, education, or social standing. It can affect anybody. The fact that she has brought her condition into the spotlight can only be a good thing if it raises awarness resulting in other women getting checked out. As for making money, I don't blame her seeking to raise money to look after her children. Isn't that what every normal parent wants? A secure future for their kids.

Now I'm off to read the jokes. :wink:

Edited to correct a typo.

16. Ditto what ^ said, also lets not forget the first time around Big Brother made oodles of cash exploiting her, the next time although a bit messier the producers again made oodles off of her...turn about is fair play....[​IMG]

17. I have to agree with the entiments of J-G. I have never watched BB, but I have heard of Jade Goody. The info came via the various forms of media, so you were made aware of her whether you liked or not. It just reinforces the fact that even adverse publicity is still publicity.

18. As stated in an earlier post the sickening thing about this circus is that the government have become involved and the fact that it sells papers just proves what a sad fekin society we now live in.

19. My knees are worn out from praying for the poor demented creature, we chaplains cover a lot of territory

20. I find it rather sad that total drop kicks with no apparent talent can become “celebritiesâ€. Living (for now, at least) proof that intelligence, artistic/technical gift, hard work and commitment aren’t really needed in 21st Century Britain? What sort of role model is that for today’s young (and not so young) people? Does the “authorities†pandering to these people not reinforce that negative message?

People who I don’t know suffer and die every hour. It doesn’t affect me and this woman will be no different. Ending pain and suffering would be wonderful but it will never happen. I won’t cheer when she bangs out; nor grieve. I may, perhaps, subconsciously note that life is doing what it does.