Morale in the Brownies all time low

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Nutty, Nov 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The morale of soldiers and officers is being damaged by poor pay, undermanning and squalid accommodation, according to report drawn up for the head of the British Army. Report in Sundays Telegraph. Is Pusser suffering from thesame problems.

Morale

General Dannet speaks out or is it that he has been passed over for the Top Job so is prepared to do so. What ever at last a ****** Officer having a go while still in the ranks.

Nutty

2. Yes it is Nutty here we have a very rare and still serving officer getting stuck into his bosses. Good on ya SIR! :salut:

3. Good to see a senior officer speaking up for the troops. However I have to wonder how it is possible for soldiers not to be paid for 6 months, as claimed in the article?

4. In fairness to the General - this is not the first time he has spoken up for the troops he commands. The suggestion that he could be doing so because he has been passed over for the top job isn't particularly fair. I'm pretty certain that he began to speak out shortly after taking on his current position. He may well have done so before - who knows.

What we do know is that this is a case of a senior officer who genuinely gives a crap and who is prepared to be heard so he deserves applause from us all. :thumright: :thumright: :thumright:

Whether anyone listens to him is another matter entirely.

SF

5. hackle

hackle Badgeman Moderator

A quote from that Sunday Telegraph article:

6. Genuine question but has the BAFF actually done anything useful?

SF

7. Arggh JPA. As a TA soldier this gets on my nerves. Two months so far without one payment for a drill night or a training weekend. For reservists who may rely on the extra bit of money that being in the TA gives them, this is no joke.

8. And all of the Admirals say.........................................................

Why have they no balls anymore? Good pension tho` eh?

9. I would imagine that the brownies would be even more poxed off if their material supply system was being buggered up to comply with the Joint Nirvana; that, funnily enough, is optimised for Land ops.