Moose Milk - recipe wanted!

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by SONAR-BENDER, Dec 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Many of you piss stained old farts will no doubt recall (through a haze) the Canadians resident in RNSMS who always put on a VERY large fanny of Moose Milk on New Year's Day in the SR Mess. This was a 'breakfast' treat after the Mess Hogmanay do.

It was a cream/ice-cream/and various liquers based drink and for me, was extremely moreish! After a few, which slipped down a treat, ones legs spectacularly failed to function.

So anyone (maybe a Canuck lurking?) got a decent home-based rather than industrial quantity recipe for this drink of the Gods. Or mooses.

No rush, we've got another 9 days yet!
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

When I was running the DF Store in Bardufoss, I had to put aside the following each week for the MLs to mix up the Moose Milk for the students at the end of the Cold Weather Survival/Warfare Course:

2 x ltr Bailey's
    2 x ltr Tia Maria
    2 x ltr dark rum
    2 x ltr vodka
    1 x tub vanilla ice cream

Blitz, serve and fall over.

There will always be local variations, including those listed here on a Canadian Army website: Moose Milk and Other Regimental Drinks
    • Like Like x 2
  3. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

That sounds like a drink to be avoided. If I had a choice, I'm sure I would have picked Rohypnol.
  4. Saw it being prepared in the 70s but the proportions were never committed to memory not that I remembered much about it.

Melted Vanilla ice cream, sweetened condensed milk, Advocatt, rum, bacardi, brandy, whisky, Tia Maria and nutmeg? mixed in a big bin with an electric paint stirrer(kept solely for that purpose) .

A lethal combination and very more ish
  5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Trying to make it at home - in personal quantities - somehow doesn't seem right. It only tastes divs when drinking it somewhere cold, remote and with oppos.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Pretty sure you add Whisky and eggnog to ice cream, or Baileys and eggnog if your a pussy. Or:
    40oz Lamb's Dark Rum
    20oz Kahlua
    20oz Vodka
    20oz Disaronno
    4L Egg Nog
    4L creamy vanilla ice cream
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  7. We had this a few months back at NDG when we had Canadian divers there. Be warned it goes down a treat, a bit to easy.
  8. 1. Try one part Bacardi, two parts Tia Maria, Ice and topped up with milk - quite moreish.
    2. Also "100 Octane Smarties" = equal parts Bacardi and Tia Maria.
  9. I seem to remember it was along the lines of Topstops recipe when we went to Halifax Nova Scotia. They had a big fanny of it going in the SR's mess and it went down luvverly. It never effected my head but some bastard had nicked my legs when we went to leave!
  10. I wiped out my New Year 2011 guests with:

1L Baileys
    1L Vodka
    70cl Kahlua
    1L Ice cream
    Bag of Ice......
    bit late for 2013.......but practice is perfect :)