Monopoly, not just any game...;)

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by AfterSSE, Dec 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. First I heard of this, but it's pretty cool, must have puzzled the Germans...Lol
  2. Well we clearly and blatantly broke the Rules. I expect the Guardian will want to bring the perpetrators to account and stand them on trial. I'm surprised the game hasn't already been banned for indoctrinating children to the ways of feelthy Kapitalism.

Anyway, that's a wheeze we can't use again.
  3. Sounds like a good idea for those that could read!
  4. We showed great ingenuity during WW2, aided by Churchill's willingness to listen. RAF crew on bombing raids over Germany had shoe heels that would open clockwise, thus evading detection by German staff in their POW Camps: because they always thought logically (except when supporting Hitler) they didn't attempt to conduct searches for contraband hidden in buttons, etc, in a counterintuitive way.
  5. Aircrew also had the escape boot: Stores reference Number 22C/917-924.

I have a later Pattern that I wore for Gliding School. Very handy for having to let down somewhere hostile; like Birkenhead or Bebbington!
  6. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Fascinating. My stepfather had a white silk square printed with a b/w map of Burma from when he was an RM Commando there - it's now in the RM Museum.