MONMOUTH drug bust

Sumo

War Hero
made onto radio news, with an interview /comment from a member of the boarding party, on their difficult search on an unknown vessel.
once again an important and dangerous job, the navy are asked to do.
BZ

My lad emailed me to tell me to watch out for this on the news (he is standing about at about half past one on the ships company phot) - still nearly missed it.
Mrs Taztiff is furious that it was not given more (if any) airtime.

Sumo

War Hero
My lad emailed me to tell me to watch out for this on the news (he is standing about at about half past one on the ships company phot) - still nearly missed it.
Mrs Taztiff is furious that it was not given more (if any) airtime.
Is he in blue? Can't see any others:rolleyes:

Purple_twiglet

War Hero
The problem with coverage is that drugs busts are two a penny in the middle east by CMF ships and its hardto persuade media to spend airtime on it - this is said as someone who has done press releases in this area.

I agree it is disheartening for the crew not to get media notice, but short of putting a gun to the head of editors, persuading them to run an RN 'ship does good but nothing drakatic or exciting happened' story is bloody difficult if not impossible

The problem with coverage is that drugs busts are two a penny in the middle east by CMF ships and its hardto persuade media to spend airtime on it - this is said as someone who has done press releases in this area.

I agree it is disheartening for the crew not to get media notice, but short of putting a gun to the head of editors, persuading them to run an RN 'ship does good but nothing drakatic or exciting happened' story is bloody difficult if not impossible
Not enough blood sex or gore, for our fact reporting gutter press?

If you tell them that during the drugs bust, 50% of the female ships company were found to be pregnant and 75% of the ships company have put their notice in, then it will get some coverage :)

If you tell them that during the drugs bust, 50% of the female ships company were found to be pregnant and 75% of the ships company have put their notice in, then it will get some coverage :)
Add how they strafed the offending vessel with a 40mm cannon and Bobs your uncle you have a story, don't worry about not having a 40mm cannon the Wail will gloss over that with an insider source said?

Totally agree PT, we've all been through this type of thing before. Mrs Taz though is justifiable proud of the youngest son and a bit put out by the lack of mainstream news (even though I pointed out to her that as a WE his role would have been to keep out of the way in his pit!)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil The Fleet 0
P Current Affairs 40
alhucoll Social & Reunions 6