Monkey business in Gib.

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by AAF, Aug 22, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. AAF

AAF Badgeman

2. They are becoming a real problem these days, as they are no longer confined to their area up by the caves. It is normal to see them in Casemates now and both the Rock and the Cally Pally are over-run with them.

Part of the problem is people (tourists) feeding them. As I understand it, some are being 'drafted' to other troupes in Morocco, where some of the new blood comes from anyway to prevent in-breeding. Like in Cornwall.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Perhaps some could be sent to Cornwall, may raise the locals IQ level;)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. As posted before,One of the most terrifying sights of my life was of three Cornish Chavs living it up in a bus shelter with liters of Rattler Cider. Two of them were ginger!!!
  5. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

The start of a dastardly plot by the anti-British EU bureaucrats who want to get rid of the monkeys so that Spain can have the Rock. You read it here first.

And in the EU Navy the RM will have to file that nasty word of their cap badges.
  6. And what were you doing to break your leg then Jack?

Well we was on a run ashore see and up by St Michael s caves and one of the "Smelly Thieving [email protected]" nicked my camera and jumped over a wall .... and I thought ... well if a little soddin monkey can jump over the wall so can I .... so I followed it! .... and 20' later straight down ... I thought to myself perhaps this wasn't such a good idea!