Moneysavingexperts help the armed forces

Discussion in 'Finance & Pensions' started by The_Real_Slim_Shady, Aug 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ah, 'Money Saving Experts' gotta love 'em.
    'Money Saving Expert' qualifications gained where exactly? Oh yes that's right you don't need any, just put the words 'Financial Consultant' behind your name and you can give unsuspecting people the benefit of your wisdom gained at shonky Money Making seminars.
    Money saving is easy, don't spend more than you earn, put away 20 quid a week in an Interest earning account and at the end of the year hey presto at least a grand in your bin.
    Whats that? 6 pints of beer or a couple of packets of fags (guessing here) a week, not a lot, but keep at it and you've got, if as a new entrant into the RM/RN and you do a full career, at your pension time a healthy sum to tide you over into civilian life.
    Now off to the local printers to order my new business cards,

NZ_ Bootneck
    Financial Consultant
    To RRers
    and the Gentry

:dwarf:

2. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Shut your piehole,,,,,,great site that points out some pitfalls.

3. What like don't max out your credit cards...doh!

4. Good advice NZ but how many ignore it?
    The site is free to use and share information, if more people used it and acted on advice given perhaps there wouldn't be so many numpties complaining about being in debt. :pukel:

5. BUT I GOTTA 'AVE THE LATEST iPod, IMPREZA WRX, SPA POOL, 3 BEDROOM DETETACHED HOUSE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's my rights innit, sure my income as a Supermarket shelf stacker ain't much, butttttt..... I WANNIT NOWWWWWW.