money problems

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by wet_blobby, Nov 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Now when I fcuk up on any aspect of accounting to the Government they come down on me like a ton of bricks, they will hound me for their pennys worth.

Seems the same rules dont apply evenly, Orwell was right about "some being more equal than others"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7092102.stm

2. Suspended payments to 'English Regions' ? - I presume this includes the flood compensation payments (which our government didn't seem too keen on applying for at the time)

And what are Mandelson or the two Kinnocks doing about that - apart from dipping their snouts in the trough - I thought they were there to fight the UK corner (has any Nu Liebour / Old Liebour member ever fought for our rights ?).

This 'regions' phrase is a disgraceful, anti English comment prevalently used one by our maladminstration in government, and their cronies in the EU dictatorship at the moment.

About time the EC, and Nu Liebour were told that England is a country - I doubt that France would be accept being called an 'Europoean Region' - but then France thinks it is the EU, I sometimes wonder if De Gaulle is actually deceased.... !!

:evil:

3. The payments are targeted at specific regions of England, just as some are targeted at specific regions of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. There is nothing derogatory about this. Some regions of France are entitled to aid whilst others are not. Regions used in this context is purely a term used to describe a specific area with specified characteristics. For example parts of Scotland and Northern Ireland are recognised as having higher poverty levels than others, and those regions are entitled (where a government claims the money) to receive financial aid from Brussels. Unfortunately successive British governments of both political persuasions have been reluctant to apply for this aid, which of course entails admission that pockets of economic disadvantage exist.

Labour is not to blame for the current state of affairs. The problems lies with certain other EU member states (in particular France & Germany), though as Germany is the highest net contributer to the EU, their position is less unsatisfactory than that of France.