Money making scam?

This sort of thing is big business in Germany. Almost invariably a lawyer is behind this sort of thing and huge sums are demanded for alleged infringement of copyright. Some of the claims are genuine, but there are some dodgy lawyers out to make fast money for little effort.

Like an e-mail I got the other day from the FBI saying that I was involved in illegal money laundering but had in fact been left an $11,000,000 inheritance.
All I had to do was forward $250 for a cash machine card which would allow me to withdraw $3,000 per day. That by the way would take just over 10 years to acheive.
Makes you wonder how these Nigerians think them all up. Mind you, they have nothing better to do I suppose.

Grim_Reaper said:
Like an e-mail I got the other day from the FBI saying that I was involved in illegal money laundering but had in fact been left an $11,000,000 inheritance.
All I had to do was forward $250 for a cash machine card which would allow me to withdraw $3,000 per day. That by the way would take just over 10 years to acheive.
Makes you wonder how these Nigerians think them all up. Mind you, they have nothing better to do I suppose.
You mean I really dont have a Nigerian relative?
Gutted :thumright:

This one must be worth an email for the sympathy sh*g at least!!

Dear Friend

I am Mrs. Sarah Welsh, an English woman who is suffering from cancerous ailment. I am married to Sir Jim Welsh who also is an Englishman though dead now.

My husband worked with the Nigeria Railways for over two decade before the cold hand of death took him away on the 23rd of July 2003 at about 2:00AM. our marriage lasted for over a decade without any fruit of the
Womb. My husband died after a protracted illness we made a vow to uplift the down-trodden and the less-privileged individuals within the United Kingdom, Europe, North and South America, Africa and the rest of the globe as he had passion for persons who cannot help themselves due to physical disability or financial predicament. I can adduce this to the fact that he needed a child from this relationship, which never came. When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of 10 Million (Ten Million Dollars with a bank in Nigeria.

Presently, this money is still with the Bank. Recently, my Doctor told me that I have a limited or numbered days on earth and that my life
span will not exceed 150 days due to the cancerous problems I am suffering from.

Though what bothers me most is the stroke that I have in addition to the cancer. With this hard reality that has befallen my family, and me I have decided to donate this fund to a on-governmental, or a non Religious, and or a non profit organization or better still an individual, that will
utilize this money the way I am going to instruct here in. This gift,
which comes from my husbands sweat to fund the upkeep of widows, Widowers, orphans, destitute, the downtrodden, physically challenged children, barren-women and persons who prove to be genuinely handicapped financially.

It is often said that blessed is the hand that giveth.I took this decision
because I do not have any child that will inherit this money and my husband relatives are bourgeois and very wealthy persons And I do not want my husband Jim Welsh hard earned money to be misused or invested into ill perceived ventures. I do not want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly manner, hence the reason for taking this bold decision. I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going.

I know that I am going to be with the almighty when I eventually pass on. The Almighty will fight my case and I shall hold my peace. I do not need any telephone communication in this regard due to my deteriorating health and because of the presence of my husband relatives around me. I
do not want them to know about this development, with God all things are possible. As soon as I receive your reply in my private email:
[email protected]

Please included:

Full name and Address,
Telephone number,
Age,
Occupation,

I shall give you the contact of the bank in Nigeria for the claim of the fund. I will also issue you a Certificate of Deposit that will empower you as the original beneficiary of this fund. My happiness is that I lived a life worthy of emulation. Please always be prayerful all through your life.
any delay in your reply will give me room in sourcing for a non-governmental, or a non religious, and or a non profit organization on or better still an individual for this same purpose.

Please assure me that you will act just as I have stated herein. Hope to hear from you soon and God bless you and members of your family.

Mrs. Sarah Welsh.
(Benefactor)
Unfortunately I cannot take her up on her generous offer as the money would without doubt be spent in an ungodly manner.

I had a phone from supposely Australia by a lady with an Asian accent asking if I would invest in one of their commodities, either gold, oil etc. If I invested 10,000 USD I would get a profit of 70,000 USD lol

Oh how I laughed

tufty

Lantern Swinger
This website contains a wealth of useful information on 419 scams and advance fee fraud. However, most of the website is devoted to a number of email exchanges between “Gilbert Murray†(in a variety of guises) and a range of advance fee fraudsters, all of them desperate to get their hands on his money... and all of them failing miserably to do so.

http://www.scambuster419.co.uk/

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
mazza_magoo Miscellaneous 0
A Miscellaneous 0