money for sea time!!

werqpr

Lantern Swinger
#1
Is it true you get a daliy allonce for being at sea? I've heard you get something like £5 extra for every day your away. Also do you have to pay to wash ya kit whilst at sea? and do you have to pay for your grubb aswell?
 
#2
Not sure about about nowadays so I'm sure someone will fill in the correct up to date details

However when I was in which wasn't that long ago compared to some lol On the bigger ships with the laundry service on board we had dhoby bills to pay for our laundry being washed on board

One the smaller ship we did it our selves so no laundry bill

You did get paid more being on board ship little extra as well as not having to pay food and accommodation as well so pay packets were far better than being ashore

I'm sure it's not much different now
 
#3
werqpr said:
Is it true you get a daliy allonce for being at sea? I've heard you get something like £5 extra for every day your away. Also do you have to pay to wash ya kit whilst at sea? and do you have to pay for your grubb aswell?
Are you GS or SM?
 

werqpr

Lantern Swinger
#4
Polto said:
werqpr said:
Is it true you get a daliy allonce for being at sea? I've heard you get something like £5 extra for every day your away. Also do you have to pay to wash ya kit whilst at sea? and do you have to pay for your grubb aswell?
Are you GS or SM?[/quote
i'm going ships not subs
 

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
#5
werqpr said:
Polto said:
werqpr said:
Is it true you get a daliy allonce for being at sea? I've heard you get something like £5 extra for every day your away. Also do you have to pay to wash ya kit whilst at sea? and do you have to pay for your grubb aswell?
Are you GS or SM?[/quote
i'm going ships not subs
Thank you god :wink:
 
#6
werqpr said:
Polto said:
werqpr said:
Is it true you get a daliy allonce for being at sea? I've heard you get something like £5 extra for every day your away. Also do you have to pay to wash ya kit whilst at sea? and do you have to pay for your grubb aswell?
Are you GS or SM?[/quote
i'm going ships not subs
GS then. Hmmm - fairly certain eveyone gets 'sea pay' (LSSB) now which works on a sliding scale of the longer you've done the more you get. You normally get this for being 'at sea' as the name implies.

I believe those in GS have to pay their laundry bill quite regularly. In SM's at sea laundry is free if it's your uniform/work attire and bedding.

You don't pay for food whilst at sea, but there is a naafi shop/canteen where you can purchase 'nutty' & 'goffa' (sweets & fizzy drinks) etc.
 
#8
These days LSSB has gone. This was the allowance that did not take into account whether you were at sea or not. You simply got it if you were serving on a ship.

These days you are paid an allowance called LSA which is paid for each night that you spend at sea. The daily rate is calculated on the actual days you've spent at sea in your career and varies from about £5 for a rouge upto about £20 for an old boy.

You do not have to pay for food and accom at sea, however once the ship is alongside you are charged for food, relatively new scheme which has not gone down too well!

Dhobying is the same as it ever was, you are given an allowance for service items, a little more if you do certain dirty jobs or are in tropical climates. Other than that, dhoby bills still exist.

Hope that helps.
 

(granny)

Banned
Book Reviewer
#9
Do you actually mean that having joined the Royal NAVY you get paid extra for going to sea?? Our lot dipped out again.
 
#10
(granny) said:
Do you actually mean that having joined the Royal NAVY you get paid extra for going to sea?? Our lot dipped out again.
You should know by now Granny, you never dip out in the mob, you just never dip in sometimes :lol:
 
#11
WreckerL said:
(granny) said:
Do you actually mean that having joined the Royal NAVY you get paid extra for going to sea?? Our lot dipped out again.
You should know by now Granny, you never dip out in the mob, you just never dip in sometimes :lol:
That is true no one ever dips out some dip in more than others lol
 
#12
(granny) said:
Do you actually mean that having joined the Royal NAVY you get paid extra for going to sea?? Our lot dipped out again.
Br grateful Granny they didn't deduct pay for cruising abroad whilst your poor oppos in barracks were reduced to runs ashore in Guzz and Pompey. Your reward were all those free suntans and didn't pusser throw in your cruising hot weather gear free? ;)
 
#14
StixJimboRM said:
It's called LSA, and you qualify after a period of 10 days (i.e. if you are away from unit for 9 days you don't get it). It is awarded in levels of days earned already. Level one goes up to about 1350-400 days I think. IIRC there are about 6 levels. The first level is £6.64 or something like that, level 2 is just under a tenner and so on.

Hope this helps
On a ship its from day 1 or at least it was.
 
#15
StixJimboRM said:
danny said:
StixJimboRM said:
It's called LSA, and you qualify after a period of 10 days (i.e. if you are away from unit for 9 days you don't get it). It is awarded in levels of days earned already. Level one goes up to about 1350-400 days I think. IIRC there are about 6 levels. The first level is £6.64 or something like that, level 2 is just under a tenner and so on.

Hope this helps
On a ship its from day 1 or at least it was.
Have a look at JSP752, Chapter 5, shippers, its always been a 10 day qualifying period, and then backdated to day 1, but you wont get it if you are away for, say, 8 days:

JSP752 said:
e. Qualifying Separation (QS). Qualifying Separation (QS) is defined as 10 consecutive days or more INVOLSEP that is taken at a location that precludes return to the duty station, family home or permanent residence during normal stand down periods (eg weekends). For eligibility for personnel on board sea-going qualifying vessels see sub-paragraph 05.0103e(2) and for eligibility for those in OTR posts see paragraph 05.0114. QS does not start to accrue for new entrant officers until completion of initial officer training at the appropriate single Service officer training college BRNC, RMAS or RAF College Cranwell (but see paragraph 05.0124 for those Service personnel commissioned from the ranks). For new entrant non-commissioned ranks, LSA starts to accrue after 26 weeks of Service (on the move from new entrant rate of pay to basic pay level one or higher) or on completion of Phase 2 training, whichever is the earlier.
and the rates are (or were in 2008):
JSP752 said:
LEVEL
1 Aug 07 1 Apr 08
Level 1 £6.22 £6.38
Level 2 £9.72 £9.97
Level 3 £13.24 £13.58
Level 4 £14.52 £14.90
Level 5 £15.64 £16.05
Level 6 £16.76 £17.20
Level 7 £17.87 £18.33
Level 8 £19.55 £20.06
Level 9 £20.67 £21.21
Level 10 £21.79 £22.36
Level 11 £22.90 £23.50
Level 12 £24.03 £24.65
Level 13 £25.14 £25.79
Level 14 £26.26 £26.94
Well i was getting it in 2007 for being at sea for a week. I know when ive been on exercise with royal we didnt get it. But deffinatly did at sea.
 
#16
danny said:
StixJimboRM said:
danny said:
StixJimboRM said:
It's called LSA, and you qualify after a period of 10 days (i.e. if you are away from unit for 9 days you don't get it). It is awarded in levels of days earned already. Level one goes up to about 1350-400 days I think. IIRC there are about 6 levels. The first level is £6.64 or something like that, level 2 is just under a tenner and so on.

Hope this helps
On a ship its from day 1 or at least it was.
Have a look at JSP752, Chapter 5, shippers, its always been a 10 day qualifying period, and then backdated to day 1, but you wont get it if you are away for, say, 8 days:

JSP752 said:
e. Qualifying Separation (QS). Qualifying Separation (QS) is defined as 10 consecutive days or more INVOLSEP that is taken at a location that precludes return to the duty station, family home or permanent residence during normal stand down periods (eg weekends). For eligibility for personnel on board sea-going qualifying vessels see sub-paragraph 05.0103e(2) and for eligibility for those in OTR posts see paragraph 05.0114. QS does not start to accrue for new entrant officers until completion of initial officer training at the appropriate single Service officer training college BRNC, RMAS or RAF College Cranwell (but see paragraph 05.0124 for those Service personnel commissioned from the ranks). For new entrant non-commissioned ranks, LSA starts to accrue after 26 weeks of Service (on the move from new entrant rate of pay to basic pay level one or higher) or on completion of Phase 2 training, whichever is the earlier.
and the rates are (or were in 2008):
JSP752 said:
LEVEL
1 Aug 07 1 Apr 08
Level 1 £6.22 £6.38
Level 2 £9.72 £9.97
Level 3 £13.24 £13.58
Level 4 £14.52 £14.90
Level 5 £15.64 £16.05
Level 6 £16.76 £17.20
Level 7 £17.87 £18.33
Level 8 £19.55 £20.06
Level 9 £20.67 £21.21
Level 10 £21.79 £22.36
Level 11 £22.90 £23.50
Level 12 £24.03 £24.65
Level 13 £25.14 £25.79
Level 14 £26.26 £26.94
Well i was getting it in 2007 for being at sea for a week. I know when ive been on exercise with royal we didnt get it. But deffinatly did at sea.
At sea you do get it from day one, either that or I owe the Navy a whole lot of cash!!
 

(granny)

Banned
Book Reviewer
#18
thingy said:
(granny) said:
Do you actually mean that having joined the Royal NAVY you get paid extra for going to sea?? Our lot dipped out again.
Br grateful Granny they didn't deduct pay for cruising abroad whilst your poor oppos in barracks were reduced to runs ashore in Guzz and Pompey. Your reward were all those free suntans and didn't pusser throw in your cruising hot weather gear free? ;)
I suppose that I should count LOA that we got when abroad.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
mazza_magoo Miscellaneous 0
A Miscellaneous 0

Similar threads

Latest Threads