Mohawk, Ulster & Brinton shipmates

Hello all.

My father R J Batty (everyone knew him as Jim) died in March 2021. His first ship was HMS Mohawk from 1965-1967, a few short assigments in between, then Ulster from 1969-1971, and finally the Brinton until he left the Navy in 1973 as a POMEM.

I grew up hearing about his navy life and his memories were fresh even fifty years after he'd left.

However, he wasn't great at keeping in touch with former shipmates so this is a shot in the dark to see if anyone here remembers him. I'd be most grateful for any stories or photos you might have of him. Sadly, because of the pandemic, when he died the funeral was limited to a small number of people and we had no wake nor time to reminisce. As far as I know he was well liked and his service record is excellent. I'm happy to chat via PM with any proof you might want.

Thank you

fishhead

War Hero
Hello all.

My father R J Batty (everyone knew him as Jim) died in March 2021. His first ship was HMS Mohawk from 1965-1967, a few short assigments in between, then Ulster from 1969-1971, and finally the Brinton until he left the Navy in 1973 as a POMEM.

I grew up hearing about his navy life and his memories were fresh even fifty years after he'd left.

However, he wasn't great at keeping in touch with former shipmates so this is a shot in the dark to see if anyone here remembers him. I'd be most grateful for any stories or photos you might have of him. Sadly, because of the pandemic, when he died the funeral was limited to a small number of people and we had no wake nor time to reminisce. As far as I know he was well liked and his service record is excellent. I'm happy to chat via PM with any proof you might want.

Thank you
There may be someone here who remembers your Dad. If not it is worth giving Facebook a try. Quite a few old ships have their own site where old oppos get together and tell outrageous stories. You know where and when he served so there is sure to be someone who remembers him.
Good luck.

There may be someone here who remembers your Dad. If not it is worth giving Facebook a try. Quite a few old ships have their own site where old oppos get together and tell outrageous stories. You know where and when he served so there is sure to be someone who remembers him.
Good luck.
I've messaged the Tribal Class group on Facebook so hopefully there's someone on there who can help. Thanks.