MOD's Cicuitousness

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by epsom salt, Aug 26, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A most recent War Pensions tribunal in Edinburgh couldn't reach a decision ,as the MOD failed to send a representative. Judgement is awaited.
    The previous Tribunal dealing with the same case-falsification of medical records- produced a General Officer
    attempting feebly to defend MOD's actions. This time, wasting much tax-payers money, they failed to send anyone.
    Dear oh dear what a pathetic shambles.

Circuitousness Apologies for the spelling

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  2. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Pot, this is kettle. Your wibble is some of the most circuitous I've seen. A link to a source would help other readers to form an opinion. You may have a point buried in wibble or you may be talking out of your chuff.

3. What on earth are you on about?
    You obviously served in a different navy from the one I served in. Childish writ large!

4. Epsom Salt. Seadog may not have attended all the lectures on the bedside manner course, but he makes a valid point. Your original post does not provide a reader with a reference to the case which could help explain the reason for your concern. Can you provide a bit more information?
    Seadog. I missed some of those lectures too......

5. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Tell me, are you Lt Cdr lester May?

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Scottish jurisprudence is not as open as ours. the Tribunal service operates throughout the Uk but, so far as Scotland is concerned, details are not openly published. As soon as we are able to get at the facts you will know.

7. If you are asking Epsom Salt, I can't help. But as the OP, he does seem to be concerned about an issue which the rest of us don't yet have information about.

If you are asking me, no, I'm not. But I suspect Lt Cdr May may (sorry) have had the nickname Daisy!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Interesting thread. I feel like I've started to read the last chapter of a book without knowledge of the preceding chapters.

My missus does a similar thing to keep me in a state of bewilderment. A conversation will frequently commence in the assumption I have the ability to read her mind on an issue she has been mulling over for quite some time.

I've found the words "fully" and "agree" usually suffice at such times.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Seadog

That is a logical fallacy. We're on a slippery slope.

See what I did there?

10. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I have to say, the first post in this thread has left me a bit baffled.

It's the equivalent of this:

Darwin (to audience) - "It is my duty to inform you all that everything you have been told and learned is in fact, a fallacy. We, the children of Adam and Eve, are in fact descended from a branch of Old World tailless anthropoid catarrhine primates known as Hominoidea, or in fact the common Ape"

*Sits down, crosses arms, glares at everyone*

Member of audience - "You have, i take it Sir, proof of such a bold statement, so that the learned among us can formulate our own opinion?"

Darwin - "What on earth are you on about?"

• Like Like x 2
  11. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

A thread of random bollocks.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'd get on the outrage bus but the driver can't tell us where it is parked.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Oh I don't know Jenny, I thought it was straightforward bollocks :cool:

14. Is this the original script for Pulp Fiction?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. At long last......
    This is what happened;-
    A FOIA request was made by a former British soldier.
    He disputed the replies given and asked to see the original documents the MOD were referring to.
    MOD refused.
    It was suggested to him, by a friend ,that, by reciprocal agreement, the US would have those documents. They released them to him under their relaxed FOIA rules.
    So it went to Tribunal.
    The MOD failed to respond or to send anyone to the Tribunal Hearing.
    The Judge, in his or her wisdom, found in favour of the MOD saying "They acted in good faith".
    Since the law was abused , it will now go to the Higher Tribunal at great public expense.

More later.

16. Pleased for you.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Seadog

Mr Salt, a link would be nice.

Stirling, that was funny. I take it that you are getting better.

18. Slowly but surely.

19. Google Tribunals--War Pensions

20. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Is it just me or does anyone else think the AG is mellowing with age?

• Funny Funny x 4