Modern terminology - What winds you up...

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
It's called Internet "Text recycling" The quotation marks denote its lifting from the Internet....... Plagiarism "Writ large"
Apart from you didn't use quotation marks, constantly cutting and pasting articles without any amplifying comments highlights a lack of original thought IMHO.

D

Deleted 108567

Apart from you didn't use quotation marks, constantly cutting and pasting articles without any amplifying comments highlights a lack of original thought IMHO.
Perhaps the problem lies with an ex-submariner founded web site in that they can't abhor criticism.
But there are younger, fitter ,mostly better educated posters ,lying in wait to take you to task.
Their prodigious alacrity is possibly reducing certain of the old and bold to apoplexy!!

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Perhaps the problem lies with an ex-submariner founded web site in that they can't abhor criticism.
But there are younger, fitter ,mostly better educated posters ,lying in wait to take you to task.
Their prodigious alacrity is possibly reducing certain of the old and bold to apoplexy!!
For starters I never founded this site, secondly you haven't criticised me, quite the reverse. Indeed, every time someone criticises you, you resort to cheap, puerile, personal insults. Maybe you need to take a good long look at yourself before you offer any further comments.

How you come to the conclusion about younger, fitter, better educated waiting to take me to task would be open to debate.

Drakey

War Hero
For starters I never founded this site, secondly you haven't criticised me, quite the reverse. Indeed, every time someone criticises you, you resort to cheap, puerile, personal insults. Maybe you need to take a good long look at yourself before you offer any further comments.

How you come to the conclusion about younger, fitter, better educated waiting to take me to task would be open to debate.
Play nicely..

slim

War Hero
Well that puts you out of the running thank feck!

Stirlin

War Hero
Sarah Beeney in her first home makeover prog in the early noughties where no one took a shit of notice of her advice , and she always had a bun in the oven.
Describing a certain property she would say '' would suit the young professional '' , yes we know where she is coming from regarding the professions but it is so bloody snobbish .
Would she like an amateur gas man fixing her boiler which then blew up ? , nope she would hire a pro who was GAS SAFE , amateur electrician ? , you know the one who can wire a plug but you die from shock from a badly fitted socket , nope you would hire a time served pro , and he could be young.
The list is endless , Fireman , Plod , Paramedic , Sea and air rescue , they are all PROFESSIONALS .
And the guy who owns the plumbing firm in London whose name escapes me but most of his clients are Mayfair/Chelsea crowd , his plumbers earn in the region of £ 90,000 plus a year , way more than some '' professions ''
Give it a rest with the .....young professional.

Latest Threads