Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Blackrat, Jan 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

There are only a few who seem to be on this site. Where are the rest of them then? Fecking waste of time having them if they can't be arsed.
  2. And your point is?
  3. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

What exactly would you like moderated?

I suspect others are also hovering but most of us have day jobs so observe from afar only stepping in when the world would end but for some critical and decisive moderation. :wink:
  4. Blackrat

My point is, if things were moderated properly and quickly, things would get done on this site more effectively wouldn't they?

By the way, i don't include you in this as you are always lurking, as are some of the others. It's just that i see Mods callsigns on different forums and have never seen anything by them.
  5. Blackrat

Why have people as Mods who are not here any more being a point in question. Virtually everyone on here have day jobs and yet they contribute. Oh, and while i'm at it, can we get this RR Greatest Threads thing up and running?
  6. After all that it was simply a heartfelt cry for attention :thumbleft:

Happy New Year Chief.

Happy New Year Ratty
  7. Blackrat

Et tu Bergen
  8. aww group hugs, how nice!
  9. Pongoes and booties :roll: Bunch of DPM wearing hermers :wink:
  10. Bound to be some legacy moderators on any site.
  11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Quite some time back I was advised by a wise & learned user that: "to moderate" meant: "to do little", which seemed a reasonable observation.

Heavy-handed moderation, whilst often a source of amusement, just tends to revert to an "us & them" circular & pointless conflict.

On the topic of new sub-forums:

One thing that does cause a lot of friction from all aspects is potential joiners asking questions which to the savvy seem completely bone, & to the first time questioner completely logical.

An enquirer invariably gets flamed by an exasperated user (yep, we've all done it) & the "new joiner" flounces off - the upshot being that the site membership growth is stifled. The exasperated user usually retorts: "It's not an official site" thus justifying their position.

My viewpoint is that maybe a flameproof sub-forum for potential joiners should be established so that the old & bold maintain a lower blood pressure by avoiding it & potential joiners - which make-up 25% of the site membership - can post unmolested.

The alternative is a totally separate forum for potential joiners which will then reduce the spontaneous interactivity on this site. It's very much doubted the service would fund an official one besides what is already provided as they are saving the pennies to buy aircraft carriers, etc.

Just a thought.
  12. I suppose a soapy tit wank is out of the question then?? :D 8)
  13. Blackrat

How apt coming from a man who spends his time shut away from the sun voluntarily. Gimp methinks?
  14. I agree with most of what you say, and have always viewed you as a good moderator, who without the need to ask will inform you of your infractions.
    Well done.
    The stupid replies seem to be growing in the Newbie threads as annoyingly they seem to get lazier. The threads are well posted and some of the main ones (Newbie wise) are mostly in the top 50.
    But at one point quite recently there were about 5 active threads in the top 50 dealing with who was going where and when. Pure laziness by the posters who could not be bothered to look at what was afoot before knocking. Akin to entering my house without wiping your feet. Bad form, and when told where to go, in most cases not even a word of thanks.
  15. With all this stuff about skin cancer seeems to make sense to me though
  16. And that from a man who flounces around the undergrowth wearing make up claiming it's camouflage
  17. Might even keep my mate Frog happy :roll:
  18. Just a thought.[/quote]

Might even keep my mate Frog happy :roll:[/quote]

Fcuk off Royal :thumbleft:
  19. There's tart's in submarines already Wreck's :roll: 8O :wink:
    And if your having a snipe at that fcukin boot neck tell him to do something about his eye shadow, it was terrible in his last portfolio. Another tart :D :wink:
  20. I take you mean Blackrat when you talk about make up and undergrowth