Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by wardmaster, Feb 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How are Moderators chosen and by whom?
  2. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Chosen by the CO's I believe, the guys that own the site, I guess that gives them the right! Why we aren't going to have another thread complaining that the Mods are actually moderating are we?
  3. You start the thread off Chief and I'll jump in and ask why none of the Mods are wearing orange marker panels. :lol:

4. I think that the question is valid, HOW are they chosen.
  5. chieftiff

I think there are a few on here who might target any friendly markers mate :wink:
  6. The site started last year I joined it and I was told they needed mods. Being an ex-submariner I put my hand up.
  7. Oh dear! This sort of thing does make one so weary! OK, so who are the "CO's" who own the site?
  8. Good CO and Bad CO I presume.
  9. Do you think I enjoy some of this pathetic bitching? I wanna get involved in it myself ,however I understand that we have to protect RR a little from the powers that be ,and if that means watching what we post and using a little CDF then so be it.If any one disagress with me , bring it on I love a cyber punch up ,because i know this is only the internet .
  10. chieftiff

I read your post and immediately thought "you patronising tw*t, stirring up trouble just for the sake of it" I then started to search around for the bit that explains how the site is run, who runs it, why etc etc, all the things I know from being on here for near on a year!................................................... then I realised there isn't one! and it's a perfectly valid question so I apologise as you obviously aren't (necessarily) a patronising Tw*t!..............sorry!
  11. Sorry to offend you deeps but no one including yourself has answered the first post on this thread which i feel is a valid question, or if you want a cyber fight, is it more prudent to ask "How do you get a mOD removed"?
  12. If you have issues with Mods just send GoodCO or BadCO an e-mail .I did answer the first post about 5 posts up from this one.
  13. Thank you Deeps for giving me the benefit of the doubt about being a patronising tw*t. But I still don't know who owns the site.
  14. chieftiff

I don't know about patronising, but paranoid for sure!

It was me :lol:
  15. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Do you know what patronising means?! :shock: :wink:
  16. GoodCO and/or BadCO are in charge

Deeps is OK… he gives you HIS argument loud and in your face... and doesn’t slink around deleting posts and editing posts as some have.

If a mod is outspoken but at the same time doesn’t abuse their powers why shouldn’t they join in the debate?

17. Cheers for the support , I have as much right as you [email protected] to post what I like . Disagree with me fine lets have an arguement about it, that is what this place is about . I dont give a toss
  18. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hmm, I wonder if people will be as 'vocal' on a RR run ashore? I'll be off-duty, of course... :twisted: