Models

Discussion in 'Hobbies & The Great Indoors' started by scousehillier, Nov 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondering if anyone knows a good site for price etc for models of type 22 (+stretch) & type 23 frigates.

Thanks

2. To buy ready-made or to make up yourself?

3. You should try scratch building rather than plastic kits...the plastic kit manufacturers dont usually have the type or scale you want to build.

4. White ensign models are brill they have plans etc etc if you want to scratch build

5. Try:

www.anticsonline.co.uk

www.shipmodels.co.uk

they do a range from 1.1250 and 1.600 both in make up kits and ready made ships, from prewar to current.

Have quite a few from them of ships that my old man was in during his sea service, plus the few that I served in.

:)

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

7. What a disappointment, I thought this was going to be about page 3 type models.

8. it is page 3 of models monthly the magazine for all modelers :lol:
    its good to models :roll:

9. I tried anticsonline for a model of the Ark Royal and it came up with this beautiful scale model, which was so amazing that I actually thought it was the real thing :roll:

A real bargain at only £45

http://www.shipmodels.co.uk/2010_1_2543972.html

10. Try Skytrex for metal models of modern ships - T22, County, Type 23, carriers and a tiny Ton clss. Revell and dragon do a plastic 42, Carrier - Airfix are threatening one too.