MoD_RSS News Feed

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Bad CO, Dec 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know that the MoD_RSS feed has always attracted mixed views on the site but following the migration of the MoD website to Gov.uk it has been completely broken. Anyway I thought this was an ideal opportunity to change the way we used the feeds so I've made a few changes:

• All items from MoD_RSS now go into a new MoD News Forum
    • They now have the full content (top work MoD for finally doing this in your RSS feed)
    Hopefully this will make them more useful/interesting and also reduce the number that appear on the site. At the max I think we can expect 2-3 per day so not too bad I hope?

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I quiet like the Mod_RSS feed, some of it is actually informative and there's a fair chunk that attracts the abuse it deserves so all round it can be quiet entertaining.

3. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Keep quiet Blobs, it can get quite annoying!

I thought the MOD RSS was bad enough but now it is hot wired to gov net we are getting even more shoite. 3 separate threads on G8 - FFS enough is enough.

If people want to read MoD propaganda why not just put a permenant link to the MoD on the front page and people can go when they choose?

Save us from the MoD RSS.