MoD worker cleared over hi-tech sales

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by sgtpepperband, Aug 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

A Ministry of Defence worker has been cleared of stealing hi-tech equipment from a helicopter repair site.
    Simon Edwards was accused of selling stolen aircraft tools, air regulators and other equipment on e-Bay while he worked at DARA Fleetlands in Gosport. He had denied 19 counts of theft, fraud and obtaining a money transfer by deception.

A jury at Portsmouth Crown Court cleared the 39-year-old team leader of any dishonesty after a week-long trial. Mr Edwards, who had worked at Fleetlands for more than 20 years, had always maintained that he had done nothing wrong.

During the trial, he told the jury that he had bought many of the tools legitimately from contractors in the yard.

After he was acquitted, Mr Edwards, 39, of Swift Close, Lee-on-the-Solent, said: 'I would like to thank my counsel and Churchers solicitors for the support they have shown me throughout this case.'
  2. Scouse was done for winding back the mileage clocks on second hand seakings! :wink:
  3. I just might be able to let you have a nice Aircraft Carrier cheap if your interested.
    I bought it legit off a bloke who makes tea for a matey in the dockyard 8O 8O :? :wink: :roll:
  4. OK That sounds legit enough for me, What colours do you have in stock, and I want a service on it plus a three month warrenty :wink: :wink:
  5. Done, it is parked next to the other ships I own in Portsmouth dockyard.
    Just nip along and tell them who you are. I have left the keys under the gash barge nearest to the ship.
    Please do not take any notice of the name Ark Royal on the back, its just the makers name and I will have it removed if required.
    Lots of ooooosing sincerity, Rat.
  6. Can only see grey and black ships and thingys. Have you got any different colours :wink: