MOD review

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by wickedmon123, Sep 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all:

I thought I would start a thread with regard to the MOD review coming up at the end of the month.

I understand that no-one knows exactly what changes are going to be put into place, but can anyone shine any more light on some of the rumours that are going around...?

Some of the things I've heard are up in the air:

- Working much more closely with the French Navy.
    - Plymouth closing the port affecting HMNB Devonport and HMS Drake.
    - Scaling down the Marines.
    - The new Queen Elizabeth class ship 'HMS Prince Of Wales' not to be completed and sold off early.
    - Lack of finances to put aircraft on 'HMS Queen Elizabeth' when she is finished.

Has anyone else been rumoured the above or got any others for discussion....?
  2. Aye
  3. I'm not...... I'm not... I want to waste my time talking shite about any one of the gazzilion stupid and not so stupid rumours, that one about the's true, saw a lorry load of red bobbles being delivered into slops if that ain't proof what is ???
  4. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Amalgamation of all 3 services under the Command of the RN (after all, its the senior service) - the Army and Crabs will be forced to learn Naval Drill moves (all that stamping on parade is bad for the hangover) and in future, No 8s (or is it No 4s today?) will replace Combat 95s.
  5. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

I wasn't told about keeping it quiet, I actually heard it in the queue in the CANEX (Canadian answer to the NAAFI) here in Petawawa from a rather p!ssed off pongo over here on exchange... do you think I should remove/edit my original post or has the damage been done?

6. Steady lads, they'll be slitting your wrists and sitting you against tree on Harrowdown Hill if this gets to the press.
  7. It's all true though; I found a laptop last night by a canal towpath.

Blue Liners are coming back as well.......and the tot.
  8. StixJimboRM. Having converted Admiralty Arch into a dosshouse, that is the next plan. It's not supposed to be announced until early April next year, though.
  9. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Ocean is going to be berthed permanently in Fountain Lake and used as an overflow reception centre for illegal immigrants. This from adockyard matey who is removing all the heads and replacing them with holes in the deck.
  10. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Yer man isn't likely to be a journalist unless he's a 'cub'. But a clumsy, sniffing journalist type intro to a subject with several threads active, no need for another and nothing in this one to make it worth merging.

As others have said, we don't know. Neither do the press but by all means, discuss the so-called options.

Has any one else heard about Trident being replaced by the (top secret - shred before reading) nuclear grenade? In order to retain the Strategic Nuclear Deterrent under the White Ensign, the RM will be coached by some American Football dude with a view to increasing the Corps Standard Throw (sic) to 4500 km. Terminology will be changed so that 'buckets of sunshine' will be replaced by 'thimbles of sunshine'.

Gen dit, I was in the galley this morning.