MOD Police

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by cobs2012, Sep 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was out the other night on the lash and saw military police full uniform just wondered if they do cross training with the normal police? It would make sense epically because they have been training up Afghan police.

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

Thanks

Chris

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Military Police = RMP (Army).
    Service Police = Army/Navy/RAF Police collectively.
    MOD Police = Ministry of Defence Police.
    "Normal" Police training? Some, yes.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  3. Cheers just never seen it before. They were in the city centre with the normal police.

4. Basic police training for all,

Then to they went to other camps for further training

I went to Braintree to watch a friend son passed out. It was a clowdy day with a hint of something heavier coming. We saw some falkondry training, and then a display of how they overcome an attacker with a weapon.

We were all seated under marques watching all this, and presicely at 12.00 noon the cadets marched onto the parade ground.

It was then the rain started and we had terrentual rain all through the cerimony. We could not hear what the Chief inspecter was saying because it was drowned out by the rain. The cadets were then given there warrents before marching out at 13.00, and thats when the rain stopped and the sun came out.

We enjoyed it and the food afterwards.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  5. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I'd love to see a Falkond swoop down and savage an attacker with a weapon. That would be awesome.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sorry bad vinger typing.

Mostly remember watching the cadets standing in the pouring rain and we were nice and dry. It was a though someone uptop had a sence of humour, and held the rain back until the cadets had arrived.

7. sgtpepperband

Happens more often than people might realise. What location was it? What colour were the uniforms?

RMP tend to wear 'combats' (with appropriate PPE):

[​IMG]

RAFP tend to wear light blue shirts:

[​IMG]

RN Police usually wear white shirts:

[​IMG]

After 25 years in the RN (the last 12 in the Regulating Branch) and a member of a Home Office force on the South Coast since I retired, I have yet to meet any "normal" Police... :oops: :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  8. It was in Nottingham and RMP. I never knew they did poor guys dealing with drunks.

9. sgtpepperband

Well, it's good practice for when they're beating up Iraqi/Afghani detainees... :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  10. On my commute to work down the dreaded A14 I regulary see a RAF (Spit) Police car, its amazing to see how many people slow down, Look over then put the boot down :)

Also remenber doing CCS at Wittering (Guns, First Aid, Gassing etc) and they talk about speed limits around the base, one thing they mention is that you are to give way to Emergency Vechicles that may be going faster than the limit. They then point out to the Snowdrops they are not an emergency vehicle.

And when did Reggies become RN Police?

11. Last edited: Sep 10, 2013

12. What's that Reggie doing to that poor dwarf Para?

13. He was a medic, thought he could help his dwarfism, failed his killicks course and went reggie, :)