MoD News: "Members Of The Armed Forces To Receive New Medal"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by soleil, Jun 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. First medal in 8 years. I am ashamed.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. It will be the first medal I've got since joining the careers service as we are classed as reserves

3. Good to see they are spending money on a pointless piece of shite....still it'll make the walts and other inadequates feel happy.
  4. At least it will give the war dodgers soemthing to clink against LS&GC and the last milk bottle top.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

The last thing I wanted....getting this mounted alongside the rest will be ludicrously expensive for nothing :-(
  6. yay I get one of these. My first medal, albeit a nobby one.

Can I wear it on my no.1's in the navy after receiving it in my current job?

Or is it not that kind of medal?
  7. Well Willy Wales does look silly with one!!!!
  8. Oh goody. Another one just for being in, what's the point?

9. As this is a very special medal given to celebrate the Golden Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God Queen of this Realm and of Her other Realms and Territories, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith, blah blah you should feel honoured, prostrate yourself and say thank you Ma'am you ungrateful tyke.
  10. Truly I am blessed for my service to be honoured in this manner. I take it all back. All the pay freezes, shit drafts, conflicts and crap living conditions are forgiven thanks to gash gong number 2.

All hail Betty!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Thats life in a blue suit.....oh gollified one !
    • Like Like x 1
  12. That's the wrong jubilee, your out by 10 years.
  13. It took longer than I expected, well spotted.
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  14. And I love it!
  15. Good job I left when I did, my chest was barely big enough for the ones I had!
  16. I did wonder when they were going to announce this. Timing is everything.

I also wonder why in these austere times they went to the expense of minting new medals. Surely some sort of clasp to go on the 2002 medal would have been a much cheaper alternative and less trouble for the tailoress??????

Must stop thinking like a Chief....dammit!
  17. No expense should be spared in fulfilling the desires of Her Majesty Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, of Great Britain, Ireland and the British Dominions beyond the Seas Queen etc etc.
  18. Awesome, I'll tell all the bitches it was for slotting jundies in the ghan.
  19. Just make sure there in no one in earshot who was at the sharp end.
    • Like Like x 1