MoD Fury at SDSR Leak

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by wurz, Nov 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Next thing there will be uncontrolled photocopying of these sensitive documents and people won't record or account for them properly. It's time we started keeping proper records and audit trails and banned the use of photocopiers unless authorised by a 5 Star or at least a Parliamentary advisor. It must stop, I tell you or serious people will get very cross.

2. It's obvious that there are people with access who are to put it mildly not happy with this governments decisions where the SDSR is concerned, what used to be a drip has turned into a Boscastle style deluge and I say more power to their elbow whoever they are. :thumbleft:
  3. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

Who ever, where ever they may be, they are wrong on many levels for leaking the contents. If you are in a privileged position to see documents of this nature and have the trust of Senior officials you not only display a lack of integrity you also risk exposing documents that may be set in an entirely different context and can also further cause a (perhaps unwarrented) loss of confidence in senior leaders thinking and potential actions.

Its also very true that leaks of this nature just create further significant tensions between MoD and the Government writ large.

I'm not going to debate the whole issue of SDSR is it right, was it conducted properly...the issue here is, are the actions of individuals right? I'd say they are both morally indefensible and likely to cause more damage that good at a time when we need to create the right relationship with Government if we are to ever seek redress over some of the changes that will negatively impact service personnel.
  4. WD - Absolutely spot-on!
  5. Agree.
  6. I think whilst in the main I agree with your points the part quoted is, in my opinion wrong. You talk about creating the right relationship with government but i think they (HMG) don't actually give a flying one!