MOD Financial Accumen

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by IDOITDEEPER, Jan 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry "Borrowed" from another site but tickled me pink thought I might share!

Read in Private Eye relating to an exchange between Richard Bacon MP and the MOD's Trevor Woolley. The exchange took place during a House of Commons Public Accounts Committee meeting into the sale of DERA / QinetiQ. Since the sale, some staff have made £millions from the sale of shares.

Bacon. “Mr Wooley are you a chartered accountant?â€

Woolley “I am notâ€

Bacon “Are you a qualified financial person of any kind? Do you have any financial qualifications?â€

Woolley “I do not have any financial qualifications?â€

Bacon “What is your job?â€

Wooley “I am the financial director of the Ministry of Defenceâ€

2. Most odd; the only way I could read Post serial 1 was to prod the "reply" button. Otherwise it was a complete blank.

The qualification state should be of no surprise. A previous, then, Chief of Defence Logistics was neither stacker nor spanner wa**er. He was a HELO driver.

[​IMG]

3. He is that first post placed by Idiotkeeper.

Sorry "Borrowed" from another site but tickled me pink thought I might share!

Read in Private Eye relating to an exchange between Richard Bacon MP and the MOD's Trevor Woolley. The exchange took place during a House of Commons Public Accounts Committee meeting into the sale of DERA / QinetiQ. Since the sale, some staff have made £millions from the sale of shares.

Bacon. “Mr Wooley are you a chartered accountant?â€

Woolley “I am notâ€

Bacon “Are you a qualified financial person of any kind? Do you have any financial qualifications?â€

Woolley “I do not have any financial qualifications?â€

Bacon “What is your job?â€

Wooley “I am the financial director of the Ministry of Defenceâ€

Nutty

4. Tut tut Nutty. I place a what I considered to be a relevant and funny post. What do you do? Immediately resort to abuse. What should I do about it? Let me think for a while.

Have a nice day you fcuking fat useless Wanker

5. Sounds perfectly normal for the civil service, to me. What's the problem :confused: ;)

6. WHY Can I not see the original Post By IDOITDEEPER.

Has he become invisible