Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

MoD criticised over soldiers' compensation

sgtpepperband said:
pongoshaggy said:
im waiting for my compensation claim to be cleared,by AFCS i bet i get peanuts !!

Wel the Army will employ monkeys... :wink:

Err, isn't that bananas
wtfb2tb.gif
for Monkeys and peanuts for Elephants...

And it happens again: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/03/17/nsoldier117.xml

Poor Civil Serpent, how on Earth will he get by with a sore back? In my current job I was given a brief about lifting not with the back, and if I didn't follow their policy and hurt my back, I was warned and it was my fault. I'm sure he was told the same, but didn't listen. That money would have been better spent on radios for example, vital kit that saves lives in training!

Be consoled, if the Civil Serpant worked in a Royal Palace (like Parliament) and fell down the stairs and ended up a paraplegic he wouldn't be ENTITLED to a penny's compensation - it would be entirely at the DISCRETION of her/his employer..... Because the Laws of England do not apply to the occupants of Royal Palaces unless they specifically add a clause applying it to themselves.

Latest Threads