MOD Caledonia PRNC

shinson

Lantern Swinger
Honestly don't worry about it, more presentations than anything. Staff there are a right laugh... They just don't give a shit :D
1.5 miles - 6 1/2 laps around a small area of the camp... You'll find you've been running more than what you run there... Does not feel like 1.5!
Anything else just ask... While it's fresh in my head :D:D:D.

Thanks! My PB is 11:12 (pass for me is 11:58) then I'm off to Raleigh the 26th (assuming I pass)

I've had an injury so rested the last month but feel ready to run again now. Nothing serious just a strain. Thought it best to rest while I could haha!

Hoping to blast two disntance runs and a timed effort per week between now and when I go. Plus my usual training.

Anything you'd recommend to work on?

t100mpr

Midshipman
Thanks! My PB is 11:12 (pass for me is 11:58) then I'm off to Raleigh the 26th (assuming I pass)

I've had an injury so rested the last month but feel ready to run again now. Nothing serious just a strain. Thought it best to rest while I could haha!

Hoping to blast two disntance runs and a timed effort per week between now and when I go. Plus my usual training.

Anything you'd recommend to work on?

Honestly if you can run it in your time needed and you can swim then don't worry. You do a 4 mile run not 4 km on the last day but it's at the slowest persons pace... Me and a few lads at the back were walking it, I do run the 1.5 mile in 9.40 so running at a girls 13-14 minute pace is boring lol. Day 3 is a game of basketball and faslane trip where you do your swimming... It's the best day. Just do a bit of ironing and get used to showering quick as **** :D:D

shinson

Lantern Swinger
Honestly if you can run it in your time needed and you can swim then don't worry. You do a 4 mile run not 4 km on the last day but it's at the slowest persons pace... Me and a few lads at the back were walking it, I do run the 1.5 mile in 9.40 so running at a girls 13-14 minute pace is boring lol. Day 3 is a game of basketball and faslane trip where you do your swimming... It's the best day. Just do a bit of ironing and get used to showering quick as **** :D:D

Haha! Aye I've always ironed my own clothes. Quick showers eh?! I guess time is precious. Ah mint so make it Wednesday and enjoy the experience haha!

Oh 4 mile is different to 4km like haha! I've heard they make you do bear crawls etc during the run? I guess it's whatever they say goes haha! I'm excited and nervous at the same time! Being older I'm worried I'll stick out like a sore thumb against a group of younger probably fitter recruits.

t100mpr

Midshipman
Haha! Aye I've always ironed my own clothes. Quick showers eh?! I guess time is precious. Ah mint so make it Wednesday and enjoy the experience haha!

Oh 4 mile is different to 4km like haha! I've heard they make you do bear crawls etc during the run? I guess it's whatever they say goes haha! I'm excited and nervous at the same time! Being older I'm worried I'll stick out like a sore thumb against a group of younger probably fitter recruits.

How old are you?

t100mpr

Midshipman
I'm 29 mate, there were a few 25 year olds at mine and a guy same age as me.... But everyone just gets on, I mean I shared a mess with an 18 yo, just needed to help him out abit. Don't worry about your age. They'll probs make you class leader as they did me, cause younger lads will listen to you :D but it stands well at Raleigh, gives you a better chance of becoming class leader there and then maybe fastracking through ranks after phase 2

shinson

Lantern Swinger
I'm 29 mate, there were a few 25 year olds at mine and a guy same age as me.... But everyone just gets on, I mean I shared a mess with an 18 yo, just needed to help him out abit. Don't worry about your age. They'll probs make you class leader as they did me, cause younger lads will listen to you :D but it stands well at Raleigh, gives you a better chance of becoming class leader there and then maybe fastracking through ranks after phase 2

Aye you're right like! Hopefully on the day I can turn any nerves to confidence and smash it!

I always try and train alongside someone 'fitter' than me. If they can do more pressups then I'll partner with them, if they run faster then I'm trying to keep pace on sprints etc just the way I am. It's mint as I get a good workout but sometimes I half kill myself haha!

Nah cheers for the words of wisdom. It's the last step before Raleigh. I need to smash this and get my head down at basic. Exciting times ahead :)

Latest Threads