MOD briefing on CORNWALL incident

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by dondon, Mar 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Re: Govt to prove that "Cornwall" personnel were in Iraqi wa

I dont think the Iranians will be in the slightest bit worried by that news , :evil:

2. Re: Govt to prove that "Cornwall" personnel were in Iraqi waters

Perhaps it may not worry them at first but it is likely to encourage some of the countries that 'support' Iran to point out that in this case don't expect support from us.

3. Re: Govt to prove that "Cornwall" personnel were in Iraqi waters

Think it's all about Worlds perceptions Iranians say one thing, our lot reply with our evidence ad infinitum, until it all gets sorted out.
    Diplomacy takes time as the sides wait to see how other nations respond to the situation and who will weigh in on who's side.
    Iran appears to be upsetting lots of folks at the mo, so the RN/RM personnel will just have to wait for the slow wheels of justice to turn, not pleasant but safer than some of the Tom Clancey suggestions

4. Re: Govt to prove that "Cornwall" personnel were in Iraqi waters

Totaly agree with you mate , Politicos wind me up all the same , would'nt trust one of them as far as I could throw them . :evil:

5. Re: Govt to prove that "Cornwall" personnel were in Iraqi waters

Why didn't the government release this evidence before?

6. Re: Govt to prove that "Cornwall" personnel were in Iraqi waters

Didn't doubt they were in the right place - but, at the moment it's the opposition who have are people! We'll just have to sit it out and wait and see! Not too pleasant for the families, but as NZ booty seaid its better than a few other comments - and again my heart goes out to the poor sods out there AND their families back home (all of them, not just those plugging the press!) We want them ALL back home safe and sound, not just a chosen few!

7. Re: Govt to prove that "Cornwall" personnel were in Iraqi waters

Emphasise on "ALL" , sooner the better , I hope Bliar is proud of his tenior as Premier ,

8. Re: Govt to prove that "Cornwall" personnel were in Iraqi waters

The diplomatic process, don't call the other chap a liar in public until you have given him a chance to back down.

9. Re: Govt to prove that "Cornwall" personnel were in Iraqi waters

I am no fan of Tony Blair ,but please explain to me DonDon what the hell has this incident got to do with Tony Blair????

10. Re: Govt to prove that "Cornwall" personnel were in Iraqi waters

And as pointed out elsewhere, the history of Persia is a very proud one, not a good idea to embarrass them until you have to.

11. Re: Govt to prove that "Cornwall" personnel were in Iraqi waters

He's the reason we are there ,

12. Re: Govt to prove that "Cornwall" personnel were in Iraqi waters

Well without going way way off topic I think you are talking rubbish .

13. Re: Govt to prove that "Cornwall" personnel were in Iraqi waters

Entitled to your opinion , as I am .

14. Re: Govt to prove that "Cornwall" personnel were in Iraqi waters

We have had ships in the Persian gulf for decades, I therefore it is a criticism too far to blame TB for us being there. Now if you were blame him for failing to see that we needed serious investment in the armed forces for the last 10 years and have got pitifully too little of it you may have a point. Maybe this will encourage them to see the light.

15. Re: Govt to prove that "Cornwall" personnel were in Iraqi waters

We can but live in hope , !!!!!!!!!!!!,

16. Re: Govt to prove that "Cornwall" personnel were in Iraqi wa

Can somebody explain to me how Margaret Beckett has been holding talks in London when it was annouced this morning that she is cutting short a trip to Turkey to brief the House on the current situation.....

I may be missing something but WHAT IS SHE DOING GOING ON TRIPS

17. Re: Govt to prove that "Cornwall" personnel were in Iraqi wa

She was never in London for the "Talk to the Iranian Embassador" ,

18. Re: Govt to prove that "Cornwall" personnel were in Iraqi wa

We had a chance then to get rid of her for good and they let her back in - BUGGER!!!!

19. Re: Govt to prove that "Cornwall" personnel were in Iraqi wa

Not exactly a foxy chick !!!!!,awful

20. Re: Govt to prove that "Cornwall" personnel were in Iraqi wa

Compared to whom, Claire Short or Anne Widicombe :shock: