MoD acts over submarine incident - and the Sun Article

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by 5dits, Jun 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Two different ways of repoting the same story; as you would expect.
  2. It doesn't matter how an incident like this is reported it still makes US look like f*****g idiots. That is unacceptable!!
  3. Perhaps if they were standind on the casing, freezing their bollocks off, soaking wet or being eaten to death by midges instead of sitting in a heated hut on the jetty with iPods of DVD players they may not nod off.

Do these modern extras that started with canvas then polyprothene tents over the fore hatch on P and O boats now gone to far.

No feck it I am just an old phart what would I know, carry on sleeping or using your personal entertainment centres, lads.

Still It cannot be blamed on the influence of ladies on board.

4. This incident should never have reached the newspapers. Whoever sent the moblile footage to the sun needs a good kicking from his mates (if he has any) what a prick. As for the sentry, I thought that for some years now the duty watch were not allowed alcohol. This is a good rule and would have saved me loosing a badge and a £25.00 fine when I was a LH many years ago.
  5. Indeed, the little c##t that talked to the press needs to be hunted down, given a bloody good slapping and the boot from the Navy.
  6. In these days of Bluetooth, every man and his dog in Fazzers had seen this within a few days of the incident, and there were countless copies. Pound to a pinch of shit, it wasn't anyone currently part of SuperBs crew who sent it to the Scum.
  7. Bollocks
    Someone on the crew took the video and then was fuckwit enough to post it for others to see.
    The man must be a moron. :pukel:
  8. This goes right back to the prison saga the septics had in Iraq, and then other videos true or false which have been published, since, Ponges dragging blokes off the street then giving him a good kicking and the cameraman a junior NCO giggles and gives a running commentary. The modern day serviceman,which includes Officers, should now be banned for possession of anything that takes electronic images, which includes mobile phones, whilst on deployment because they are just not adult or responsible enough to be trusted.

9. I reckon if the police were still allowed to give a youngster a clout far fewer would grow up to be ********* who know their human rights, how much they are entitled to in benefits and where the job centre is so that they can collect emergency payments.
  10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Nutty: While I agree that there should be more self-censorship when it comes to Servicemen filming incidents like the 'bollocking' on board the SM, but for every embarrassing clip like this there are hundreds of clips on websites like which have helped broadcast the real stories of what is happening to our Forces in Iraq/Ghanners, which the normal terrestrial media would never broadcast. And that is not necessarily a bad thing, in my opinion... :oops:
  11. Which bit was bollocks?

Yes, someone from the crew took the video, but it was bluetoothed to lots of his mess members there and then. It has taken five months for it to turn up in public, and could have come from any one of those copies. You cannot blame only the person who recorded it as all who received copies are complicit. Most people I know deleted their copy soon after watching it for fear of being implicated in what was always going to be a witch-hunt.
  12. So why bluetooth it to all and sundry?
    Are you implying that a mobile phone has no security and anyone within bluetooth range can pick it up?
    If so there is a case for mobile phones to be banned on RN ships and faciliteis.
    I repeat Bollocks. A member of the crew is responsible for this leak, or do members of the RN no longer accept responsibility for their actions.
  13. 1. Because it's a laugh, and everyone wants a copy.

2. No, and I don't see how you could infer that from what I wrote.

3. Yes. Also ban all cameras; and computers; and photocopiers; and paper and pencils.

'A member of the crew is responsible for this...' NO
    'Members of the crew are amongst those responsible for this...' YES
  14. The member who took the video and was irresponsible enough to allow it to be spread is RESPONSIBLE.
    It may be a laugh, but it is also embarrassing and juvenile.
  15. The course of action to be taken is trooping the trot sentry and the erstwhile film maker and sending both back to general service with loss of submarine pay and any rank they have.

The golden rule used to be look after your mates and what goes on onboard stays onboard.
    What happened to loyalty or is that a dirty word now,you are supposed to trust your oppos with your life at all times.

We've all done silly things I'm sure but this takes the biscuit!
  16. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Jail, then Civvy Street if you don't mind.

Ladies and gentlemen, if as reported, AB Van Winkle's case is subject to a Court Martial, even though that CM may have been compromised by the horoscope reading video making public domain, please be careful what you post. Even finknottle was quoted in the Telegraph last week.
  17. Better worry then, might be Norman being quoted next. That will mess up the promotion prospects for some
  18. AB van Winkle's case aside, what crime do you suppose that young AB/LS/LET/LLOG (delete as appropriate) Spielberg has committed that would deserve a custodial sentence?
  19. You could probably find a whole host of offences, all you need is a creative reggie doing the interview :)