mobiliztion short falls

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by diver_dan, Apr 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The process to mobilize us is in a word a joke you are called up approx 2.5 months before you go to sea in that time you do at most 3 weeks training and if you senior rate is crap like ours is (she thinks shes our mum not po)soon to be cpo witch is a joke again and a leading hand from her unit how has delutions of goddom I think the term id micro manage cant do the big picture so look for the little things

2. Yes indeed.

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Dan, I'd love to help but... I can't exactly work out what you're trying to say?! :?

Perhaps this is a personal gripe that should be addressed at the Divisional/Unit level, rather than in the public arena...

4. What?? :?: :?:

5. Whilst agreeing with the other posters, I must confess that my reading skills are impaired, I have no fukcing idea of what you are trying to say, so on those grounds, I am unable to help you.

6. Diver Dan
    your comments (in the public forum) do not paint our branch in the best of lights. Since taking over command of the branch I have tried very hard to improve a whole host of factors, and if you receive ETMs you will be aware that I take an exceptionally dim view of such posts. In particular your less-than-savoury comments about 2 of your superior officers are not helpful, and your efforts to disguise who you are talking about are not very successful.
    So, refrain from such outbursts, I am available for you to PM me, and then move your issues forward via the Division System.
    I am here to help, but only if those who wish to be helped put themselves in a position to be helped.
    Your Aye
    SO2Seaman

7. Also, it's mobilisation - no 'z'. This is Great Britain and we're British :)

8. Bollocks...........Diver Dan dish the dirt, let it all out, but, in English please.

9. SO2 whilst it is nice to know a senior officer is listening your PER SEC is less than perfect so to expect this as a departmental site is crap. YOUR attitute on this site is less than helpfull imho

10. sgtpepperband

Hmm, think you should listen to your Boss, froggit... :oops: :roll:

11. not my boss

12. I'm not. I'm a kiwi.

Dan,

You're given that 2.5 months as a courtesy. In reality, they only have to give you a month. Once you're mobilised, you'll go through all of the training you need in order to correct any shortfall in your own training, as well as any courses that you're required to do.

There are problems with the process - I believe that you should complete your medical, dental and fitness before you have to beg for leave or resign from your civvie jobs.. but these comments have been made and heard by people, so hopefully they're being taken on board.

Whilst some of us have issues with others in the branch, this isn't the place to air this. You may have problems with them, but that's what the divisional system is for. Discuss it with your DO, or the XO, or if you feel so strongly about it, go directly to the CO. Don't put people down in a forum where it isn't that hard to identify someone..

13. sgtpepperband

Not mine either. But I treat him with the respect he deserves.

14. Diver dan..?????

15. Dan,

I have to agree with SO2 Seaman. This is not the place to air these problems and if you have serious concerns you should go through the proper channels. Also, to slag people off on a personal level, is not a quality becoming of a member of the Royal Navy. If you don't have anything constructive to say might I suggest you refrain from casting the RNR / RN in a bad light.

16. Nicely put SO2. It seems as if Diver Dan is a bit miffed about something or other but seems more than able to spout off about his PO rather than ask to discuss it in person. The RN divisional system is second to none with a proven track record and is there to support every one of us but only when it is used wisely and not undermined by petty bitching and disloyalty. My recommendation to you Dan is to either ask to discuss your particular beefs with your PO [ask for another to be present if you're worried that you will get mothered rather than a solution] or take up this genuine offer from SO2 Seaman.

The choice is yours - good luck, but FFS stop whinging until you have tried every available option.

SF

17. With regards to the post that was put on by myself I must agree with the s02 that this is not the place to air any feelings I have and I am sorry and will be saying the same to the two people involved (to much beer will make you do silly things)but the training befor being sent out here is very much a hurry up and wait I can see what was said before you cant base it on one person so that is logical to base it on worse case.but I also have to state with all due respect to the s02 this site is not the div system and if he is going to try to keep the coments from this site then he wont know peoples true feelings and hope fully address them here so every one can see that the issues people have are beibg delt with

18. sgtpepperband

"D'ya hear there! Anyone knowing the whereabouts of a working 'Full Stop' - last seen on Dan's keyboard - please report to the Diving Store!

That is all!"

:shock:

19. And how to apologise without actually apologising. Methinks Dan somewhat resembles our unelected PM in that regard..

20. This thread was recently brought to the attention of the RNR Divers branch, as Diver Dan's name and avatar have led some to believe that he is speaking about our branch.

To confim, Diver Dan is not part of the RNR Divers branch and his comments are not aimed at us.

Regards

Ben