Mobilisation - not RMR though

Discussion in 'RMR' started by jaydub, Sep 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm trying to find out about mobilisation for H14. I'm Para Reg reserve and unfortunately not going with 16 air assault in the next few weeks. So I'm looking at which formation is going out there next year (ie. 3 Commando Brigade). Does anyone know if the RM commando units take mobilised individuals who are not from RMR? If I'm not going with Para Reg I'd rather go with Royal than some Army hat unit (yes gents it's true!).
  2. No chip on your shoulder then...part-timer.
  3. Actually there isn't. I'm simply saying I'd rather go with RM if I can.
  4. So Army medics are hats then are they??

Some people never learn :roll:
  5. Ask your PSI
  6. Depends if they're airborne! :wink:

Thanks MSR.
  7. Yeah I guess so. But then again there isn't much call for jumping out of planes anymore eh!!
  8. Well, have you?
  9. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

You'll have to learn to use soap, lose the attitude and not look down on your fellow soldier. Dont believe everything you've been told about yourself, other Regiments and Royal Marines. Bootnecks dont.
  10. Lordie. Who said anything about looking down on other soldiers? All I said was "hat unit". That's how practically every non-airborne, if not every non-Para Reg unit, is referred to where I come from - it ain't necessarily derogatory you know. You say Pongo, I say Hat. Semantics.

I asked him about H14 deployment. He said expect a long wait whilst the system does its thing. In the mean time I thought I'd try and find about what the RM policy is on mob hence the question here.
  11. Look at FTRS opportunities is your best bet. You'll be shit out of luck trying to get on a RM Herrick deployment unless you have a green lid.

I doubt there are many FTRS roles for the pink hatted brethren (unless you have a secondary trade skill)

2DD might be along in a moment to suggest something to you (unless of course he thinks you're a bellend)
  12. Liar, liar, pants on fire. Bootnecks I know hold the army in contempt, and will allegedly quit if the Corp becomes a part of the Army....
  13. What you will need to ask yourself is whether you can bring something useful to the table if you wish to get yourself attached to 3 Bde via the RMR. The reason why the reserve training is so long is so that they can be dovetailed into ops almost straight away after phase 3 and SQ training. The Corps will then put a request out for men with certain skills that the Regs are short of such as drivers medics and signallers who will be then sent out to work with regular units probably on the front line.

Do you have the skills the R.M want via the R.M.R??

Oh and by the way being called Perce/Pong etc isnt quite as bad as being slagged off by a unit that is pretty null and void when it comes to jumping from aircraft hence the inter-army hatred. And besides 4 PARA or 10 PARA as i knew it weren't all they were cracked up to be on selection anyway sunshine!!! :wink:
  14. I dont think in light of all units stepping up to the plate in Afghan and Iraq it holds much water anymore mate. I think its probably more tradition, rather like the R.N being merged with the RAF. You just wouldnt!!
  15. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Fair enough, Bootnecks I know dont hold the Army in contempt.

Stand fast the tick tocks.
  16. Cheers JJ. Thought that might be the case!
  17. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yep concur, that seems to be my outward perception too.

Whilst you may get the odd Royal, fresh out of RT, rash enough to proclaim everyone else is crap whilst forgetting the 'humility' aspect of their ethos, most guys accept that no matter how good you are there's always someone better at something and everyone brings something to the party.

My own view is the RN would miss the RM a whole lot more than the other way around, frankly & it'll be interesting to see whether those clever enough to be in charge are clever enough to realise this & do something about it.
  18. The drawback was that in the main, the Cpls on my AACC training team had very little time for "percy". When people like that gob off, then sprog Mne's pay attention and repeat it. It's also a sometimes-heard quote from (junior) Officers, especially those who've yet to go to Staff College.

I certainly don't think that all Bootnecks think like that, but a proportion certainly do.
  19. Thats fine mate as during my RMR service we were shite "Rubbers" who on a number of occasions beat all records on various courses. SBS selection being one, and ML2's course the other. Speaking to Capt Labrum on here who is an old oppo of mine I now believe that the perception has changed for the better at last!!
  20. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

But at the end of the day only the Chefs can honestly say they have done the hardest training course.....

He pitches.........

Any takers.............