Mobilisation and Bounty (that old Chestnut)

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by msralmjs, May 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As things sometimes seem to shift on this, I'm coming to the forum: it looks like I'll be mobilised over the March-April 2012 period, and so technically will be full time during the period bounty is determined. I'm pretty sure that I will meet the bounty requirements, including OCT etc, but I don't know whether, as I will be full time at the end of the training year, I'm payeable.

The cash is good, but more importantly is that I want to scratch off another 'bounty year' for my VRSM and Jibilee Medal.

Any idea what the 'official' line is on these things now? CMRTMs etc?

2. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Yes you do get bounty providing that you rack up the appropriate bounty requirements of 24 days (of which a minimum of 15 can be deployment if required). Providing you meet this, then you'll get bounty as long as your pay doesnt exceed what you would normally get 'in rank' for the entire year.

Waivers are usually forthcoming too - I got a waiver for this year as I was a few days short due to a lack of training - but I had done 9 months mobilised.

3. I really can't see that mobilisation will adversly affect your qualification time for the VRSM, just as it doesn't for your bounty.

But as for any Jubilee medal...? Do you know something the rest of us don't?

4. Purple_twiglet

"But as for any Jubilee medal...? Do you know something the rest of us don't? "

There will be a jubilee medal next year, was announced some time ago, but criteria isn't yet published.

5. Evry dayz a skool day

Cheers PT

6. The best thing you can do is to formally email you DO asking him for the advice and the references that were used for the advice. Then check the references to ensure his/her understanding seems to make sense. If it does, keep the email safe and sound, as it will form the basis of a justified Service Complaint if things go wrong, if it doesn't make sense, then put in a request form to see your XO/1LT to discuss your concerns. Unofficial sites, such as RR, can't be relied upon, you need to see it in Official Black and White.
    Good Luck

7. Providing you meet this, then you'll get bounty as long as your pay doesnt exceed what you would normally get 'in rank' for the entire year

You sure?

8. If you are mobilising I would be astonished if there was an issue. Plenty of loafers get waivers...

9. Purple_twiglet

"Providing you meet this, then you'll get bounty as long as your pay doesnt exceed what you would normally get 'in rank' for the entire year

You sure? "

Happy to be shown wrong, but I was told that if you'd normally earn X (say £30K) as an LH, but were mobilised for a full year, you could not then also receive bounty as you would be getting more pay than the rate would normally get.

10. I earn well over the rate for an AB and qualified for my bounty following mobilisation last year. You shouldn't suffer financially when mobilised.

11. I was recently informed by the Support Manager that you qualify for bounty as long as you have done 1 days ORT outside of the mobilisation period

12. I understand that the official position is that you don't get Bounty while mobilised because you would then be paid more that the full-time rate. However speaking from experience, I was mobilised for 18 months from the start of one Bounty year to half-way through the next. I got paid the full Bounty for both years.

Mobilisation doesn't affect your qualification time for VRSM as it is still "time served".

Aldis

13. For VRSM you must of received bounty in at least 8 or 9 (can't remember) of the years, this is to stop people joining then doing nothing for 10 years and claiming VRSM.

If you cannot get paid more than the full-time rate how about if you get a special pay award or whatever it is called when you earn more than your RN equivalent?