Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Mobile broadband.

pingbosun72

Badgeman
Anyone got advice on mobile broadband. I want something cheap for browsing internet and replying on guestbook etc using a laptop. I dont want any nasty surprises for using more than contracted time etc...there must be something out there that is catch free...dont want to pay more than £15 a month, which I think is reasonable.. :dontknow:

Coincidence that, lady pal of mine is in an area where there is no broadband.Worse again there is no cover from vodafone and just a hint of signal from o2[ upstairs ] I have been looking at the coverage maps online and she is in a tiny spot which is being missed out.I may have to borrow some modems and just see if I can pick up a signal.Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Last I heard Vodaphone had the largest coverage in the UK. 3 Mobile (and I think Virgin) piggyback on O2 therefore if you cant get O2 you wont get 3 mobile. Not sure of the price though as I use BT Broadband but I did read somewhere that Virgin and 3 Mobile have a service for approx £15 a month but I think that you have to also subscribe to their phones as well - effectively doubling the outlay.

Go one from Orange this week (as i only get Half a Meg at home). Plugged it in and waited and waited for the web pages to load, tried a music download, was going to take 20 minutes. Therefore it is going back. Said on the website I would have the best coverage in my area!!

Might try another provider?

Latest Threads