Mmmmmm.....really?

Come mothers and fathers (and old farts like what I am)
Throughout the land
And don't criticize (Shirtlifters and fannyticklers)
What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is
Rapidly agin'.
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand (????????)
For the times they are a-changin'.

Bob Dylan

What a visionary was our Bob.....in so many ways.

Last edited:
I will not post them* here but Jolly Jack's alternative lyrics to 'Much Binding in the Marsh**' often spring to mind whenever this subject (once deemed unnatural but now a free gangway :confused: ) arises.

*For fear of offending @iffy & others of the 'Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells' Brigade. ;)

**Lyrics for Much Binding in the Marsh
by Kenneth Horne, Richard Murdoch, Sam Costa, Maurice Denham & Stanley Black
At much binding in the marsh,
I must say I'm glad that this is over,
If only we could rest we'd be in clover,
I tell you what, let's make the others come here and rehearse,
I only hope the whole thing doesn't go from bad to worse,
So Costa, Yes Sir, Dudley Sir, let's have the second verse,
At much binding in the marsh.

Thank goodness both those twerps have now departed.
At last the two of us can now get started,
I think I'll get the bus and go to Spagthorpe for a show,
Though Mr Horne and Mr Murdoch might'en let you go,
I'd like to see them stop me,
What's that?
Can I?
No!

It comforting that clothes are off the ration tiddley pom-pom,
We'll now be dressed up in the latest fashion,
Miss Whisco's gone to Blackethores to go through all their stock,
The fur-lined trousers I have brought will give you quite a shock,
I'm going to cast all care aside and buy a second sock,

Last verse!
We've all been asked to work a little harder,
we're out to restock the countries larder,
The vicar's nimble fingers now some extra tasks he's found,
for seizing opportunities he's always been renowned,
He sits and darns his bedsocks while the plate is going around,
How do you get there?
Much Binding in the Marsh,
Good old gooseberries,

https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/K...enham-Stanley-Black/Much-Binding-in-the-Marsh

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Any chance next year the annual ‘Gay bashing’ thread is dropped from the calendar? There’s been enough of them over the years and it just makes you look like tossers.

Seadog

War Hero
Is this wits showing his caring kinder side, or?
He has a point.

Diamond Lil’s or not, unofficial as we are, some of the stuff is tedious and unfunny and may be construed as abuse against identifiable serving officers and ratings.

The ever changing taxonomy and nomenclature of the LGBT ‘community’ now with added + gets on my tits as do gender and sexuality identity politics in general. The most important community the dramatis personae in the OP’s link belong to is The Naval Service.

@Seadog

I also agree with you to an extent, and maybe not for the same reasons, mainly I need a dictionary to read your post. Also agree, if they have a job to do, be judged on ability and merit not who they are away from the day job.

People have a right to live and a right to their own thoughts and opinions, I don’t need to listen (unless I am interested) to them or have them rammed down my throat.

I think some minority groups get far too much air time, as all walks of life and the media fight to show how inclusive they are, including where I work, can’t even fart in fear of offending someone. There will be bigots and nut jobs in all areas of life, a family friend’s ex gay partner is a vile piece of humanity, out spoken, bigoted and prejudice in most areas of life but shouts about her rights to be gay?

Seadog

War Hero
mainly I need a dictionary to read your post.
My bad. I forgot Service Writing (JSP) 101; no Latin, no foreign, no dramatis personae. The first time I heard ‘taxonomy’ I looked it up and found that it had been used incorrectly. I vowed never to use it yet here I am.

I find ‘LGBT’ a tongue twister ( stop tittering ) and it often ends up as ‘LGBGT’.

My bad. I forgot Service Writing (JSP) 101; no Latin, no foreign, no dramatis personae. The first time I heard ‘taxonomy’ I looked it up and found that it had been used incorrectly. I vowed never to use it yet here I am.

I find ‘LGBT’ a tongue twister ( stop tittering ) and it often ends up as ‘LGBGT’.
Taxonomy, when I read its meaning, I couldn’t even guess what it was, Tax man Money? Way off. When I saw “especially organisms” with my known English problems guess what I saw the second word as? Then I was confused.

@Seadog

I also agree with you to an extent, and maybe not for the same reasons, mainly I need a dictionary to read your post. Also agree, if they have a job to do, be judged on ability and merit not who they are away from the day job.

People have a right to live and a right to their own thoughts and opinions, I don’t need to listen (unless I am interested) to them or have them rammed down my throat.

I think some minority groups get far too much air time, as all walks of life and the media fight to show how inclusive they are, including where I work, can’t even fart in fear of offending someone. There will be bigots and nut jobs in all areas of life, a family friend’s ex gay partner is a vile piece of humanity, out spoken, bigoted and prejudice in most areas of life but shouts about her rights to be gay?
Great post Sumo, could not agree more.....you may retain your blue station card!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BillyNoMates Diamond Lil's 18
wet_blobby Diamond Lil's 12
brazenhussy Motoring 1