Mmm we English have got it all wrong - again

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by stan_the_man, Mar 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ever feel a little downtrodden being the poor neighbour to the Jocks Welsh and Paddies??
    We have just increased our prescription charges to £7.40 - the Welsh and Irish already get theirs free and the Jocks have just voted for free prescriptions in the near future.
    Sooner we gave the fcukers independance and stopped subsidising the fcukers the better.
  2. If you don't clean up the immigration situation you will soon be spoilt for choice as to whom you may belittle
  3. It would be interesting to see how much tax revenue they bring in compared to what they spend
  4. It would be almost as interesting to see to whom you are referring to as 'they' -

The poor neighbours? Jocks? Welsh? Paddies? Irish? Immigrants?

OTOH - Please don't bother, I couldn't stand all the excitement.:-|
  5. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

I've been private ever since leaving the mob, medical and dental. The thing that surprised me more than anything? I've been to the chemist to privately purchase prescribed drugs 3 times, never cost me more than a fiver! 10 days of antibiotics for a gum infection £2.73. My wife had her gall bladder removed, £6.5K (nearly £2k for an anaesthetist) 2 weeks of antibiotics for wound infection..............£2.73 seriously! However I guess £7.50 is peanuts when you are taking over £300 of drugs a month as my neighbour was before he checked in.
  6. Simples - England has the vast majority of the population.
    It's easy to give concessions to minorities, harder to do so for the whole.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  7. When the amount to spend per head of the population is the same in all parts of the UK things will change.Until then the inhabitants of England will be the only ones having to pay.There are many in England who don't pay because they are on benefits,have certain medical conditions(i.e.Diabetes) or over 60 years of age.This is no comfort to the remainder I'm sure but you can't take your money to the grave so you may as well spend it trying to put off that awful day.
  8. Hello Chieftiff glad to see you back.
  9. May I point out,fishead,that most of the 60+ age group have contributed to the State for a many years...and by the way,diabetes drugs are not free..but never let the facts get in the way of a good rant.
  10. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I hope its nothing too serious Stan.

Now this being a navy website, anytime I have ever needed any treatment its been two brufen and a make and mend.

I know for a fact my better half pays 4 quid for her prescriptions. One of her muckers whos on benefits gets hers for free.

Since this is Lils, get a grip of yourself Stan and in the words of the booties "Man the fuck up" and stop posting like dripping cunting valve, thats been bypassed on a refit.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  11. I'm rather surprised that Stan hasn't included a mank about having to purchase his own prophylactics these days, too.

Perhaps he's still running on his final issue when he TX-ed.
  12. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

As a Skimmer he's probably afraid of fireworks!
  13. My diabetes drugs have been free for the last 11 years.

14. Diabetic drugs are free.In fact, diabetics get free perscriptions for everything not just diabetic drugs due to the fact they get a medical exemption certificate.
  15. I was simply using they as a collective word for the other countries in the UK who contribute to central government in England, I also think it would be interesting to do the same with all the counties to see which have tax/spending deficits and which have a surplus
  16. Wheel-Chair,

If you are that interested then the Freedom of Information Act should be your friend.

A carefully phrased letter to your MP might be a good starting point because I doubt if anyone subscribing to RR could help you there.
  17. Well. I live in 'Norn Iorn' I pay tax, and im in BUPA ('Brushing Uninsured Patients Aside') Try that. ;-)) Whats all this about Rummers? He's ok I hope?
  18. Is it really worth carrying on? Chuck the bleedin' towel in and seek the nearest parapet. f