Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by TeddyT, Jun 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Forgive me for sounding Norman-ish, but I am young and inexperienced. What does WAFU actually stand for. It's something I am going to encounter a lot in the coming years, and forewarned is forearmed as they say...
  2. It means a GENTLEMAN/LADY so as not to be confused with the darl blue navy!!
  3. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

It means wet and f*****g useless. A reflection of the high regard that GS holds the FAA in.
  4. was told it stood for weapons and fuel users and refered to differing rig.....but as stated elsewhere you'll always be told it's wet and Fu****g useless - just remember most of the fish heads can't spell WAFU!!
  5. Women all fancy us. Fisheads are just jealous as a lot of them are failed WAFUs anyway.
  6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Fair play. If I could get away with only working on Wednesdays then I would want to be a WAFU too... 8O
  7. Lets get the facts right SgtP, Wafu's only work mornings on Wednesdays, they have a sports M&M in the afternoon
  8. yes and when night flyings cancelled. Im having an early chop !! to go to the boots in Elgin. Its grab a granny night :thumright:
  9. sgtpepperband

...but it does tend to upset the ELWEs though, dunnit?! :wink:
  10. I know it's pretty disgusting. I may have signed on after my 22 but having experienced a type 42 Lynx flight my illusions of returning to the real Wafu world were shattered. it was plain to see that in the future I would be working my arse off. So took the pension and entered the real loafing civie world. :thumright:
  11. sgtpepperband

More time off in the civvy world than the WAFU world?! Feck me- I'm in the wrong job! 8O :oops:
  12. Of course you are SgtP as are most of us. Now get out quick, do not buy a house, do not acquire any wealth but acquire a chav girlfriend with 4 or 5 kids. What a result never work again and loads of cash to piss up while the kids go hungry.
  13. sgtpepperband

Hmm, well that's me fecked then... :oops: