Mixture of questions!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Norma100, Jul 17, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Really want to join up, there's many job roles I've looked at over and over again that I know I could do and enjoy. However I am struggling to choose.
    I know how much time you spend at sea depends on what job you do, I do want to go to see but not for the whole of my career. What jobs have what lengths of time at sea (on average, roughly, if that's even a possible question haha)
    Also I'm more of a hands on person, and would rather being doing more active things, however more than happy to do office duties etc
    Basically I'm looking for the role which has both sea and shore work, both active and non active work. If you know what I mean.
    It sounds like I'm being mega fussy, if anything I'm trying to figure out if this role even exists.

Sorry for the essay.
  2. Er... no.

Please elaborate.
  3. It's quite simple.

She wants to go to sea, but doesn't want to go to sea.

Wants an office job. But doesn't want an office job as would prefer an active job. But an office job would be nice.

Really wants to be active, but not in an active way.

Apologises for essays.

Dear God man, can't you read?
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Have you considered a commission?
    • Like Like x 6
  5. Depends what she looks like in full fighting order, then I'll change my plea to Wtr
  6. Yes, Writer (or Logs Pers) or whatever it's called now. A good mixture of sea to shore time, experience and qualifications for when you go outside, and onboard not just shining your trousers to the bone - RAS bats/ distance line, first aider in the seaboat, Upper deck sentry/ Bosusn Mate, planesman on boats, and probably potwash as well.
    And they will even wake you up at 0300 to type up a Punishment Warrant.
  7. Yes this is what I meant! Glad you understand.
  8. You know what I meant, a mixture. I should have just said a mixture. Thankyou for an actual reply. Surprised no ones picked up on my spelling of sea. "See". Haha. Div.
  9. I took it to mean "go and have a look".
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I'm thinking WE. Sleep all the time until something's broken. Fix it and then go back to sleep
  11. Oh I do love a sleep.....
  12. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Me too! This thread sent me off no problems. Cheers.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Glad I could help. You're probably better asleep than awake anyway ;)
  14. You are Norman and I claim my £5!
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Eh?!? I don't get it
  16. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Still thinking "Commission".
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Just Search "Norman".
  18. Try a different perfume.
  19. Search Norman? Why? Where?