Mister Putins new boat.

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by BillyNoMates, Jul 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. According to the Novosti RIA news agency, the submarine has a length of 170 meters (580 feet), a body diameter around 13 meters (42 feet), and a submerged speed of about 29 knots. It can carry up to 16 ballistic missiles.

Impressive figure for such a big boat and no doubt she'll be pretty darn quiet. They may be a bit short of cash but they can still build top class submarines.
  2. No doubt the tabloids will make out it's the quietest and fastest blah blah blah in the worlds oceans and can detect a skoda going around Red Square whilst the crew are all pissed out of their skulls on May Day while alongside in Vladyvostock. Wow use some punctuation young man!!!!

Like all things Russian...it will fall to pieces due to neglect. Whereas ours fall to pieces after being thrashed to death.

The design looks very familiar.....I wonder if I can still draw the internal layout of the machinery bits after an ASPL run. WHAT! Never use those initials again...Tom Clancey is listening at keyholes remember.

Well Tom FYI...we never did anything like that, we did not have the technology or the skill, desire or steely eyedness. Only the Yanks did...we were just the allies, remember!

Bitter...moi? Well maybe a little bit!
  3. "Crazy Ivan! Crazy Ivan!"

Definition of a "Thrashed" UK boat:-

HMS SUPERB springs to mind. Photo of her with a few slates
    missing here and there. This pic was taken some time before
    her mountaineering excursion I hasten to add.

4. And is that female a member of the crew? :w00t:
  5. Few slates missing ? The two big gaps on the fin front probably cover sonar sets (our 185 was at the top of the two), while the 2 smally ones on top of the fin are the bridge windows IIRC - never served on an S-boat mind..............
  6. Sorry to dissapoint. THAT was the photo for "Okay!" magazine.....
    THIS is the original.

7. The piccy reminds me of some of the states I've been in when reporting back on board at 0500 for harbour stations cold move.
    Only having just returned from patrol the previous day to go staight into eleven dock for a propulsor and gearbox (among other things) tweak!

Cox'n, me old shipmate.......do you have to shout into vices so loudly.....there are amplifiers in the system y'now!

Pound pound pound pound!!!!Throb throb throb throb.....AND there's nothing like diesel exhaust mixed with salt water to sort out those piss holes in the snow!

8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...or an ear, presumably! :thumright: