missing a GCSE!! argh!!!

hi all, i've just been for my formal interview to join as a AC, only to have it cancelled due to not having a C+ in English at GCSE, now i have a NVQ 2 in Key Skills, and was hoping / under the impression that that was the same thing almost?

now i have to work out if i can get a GCSE done and passed or pick something else, my RT was very good so i can do anything according to the AFCO, but I'm unsure if its worth joining in a trade that wasn't my number 1 choice?

and does the upper yard man options require you to have 5 GCSE's as well?

many thanks

mindenman

If you can live without being an AC then join as something else, if not then take the GCSE on a fast track at a local college or something :)

You'll always regret it if you go into a job as a 2nd best kind of option.

Good luck.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The only alternative to GCSE's are SCE's unfortunately.

NVQ 3s are accepted in some subjects at Merit pass or higher in lieu of A Levels.

UY require 5 GCSE's including Maths & English, grades A*-C

SUYs (Over age 26) require 4 GCSE's including Maths & English, grades A*-C

Go to college, get the GCSE sharpish and get the ball rolling again, it won't take long to get a single GCSE and the AC branch will still be there in a few months time.

captainobvious said:
Go to college, get the GCSE sharpish and get the ball rolling again, it won't take long to get a single GCSE and the AC branch will still be there in a few months time.
its all good there a crash course (in English not planes!) be run at my local education centre! and i can use my SLC! so not real hold up, (i hope!)

thanks for all the replies!

mindenman

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jimmy_Green Nautical Jokes 8
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
creeper Submariners 14